CHAPTER 41

"Do what we say and you'll see him. "

That's the only thing that motivates Jiyeon to go on. To endure everything and be a 'good lady' that her parents wants her to be, expect her to be.

Despite the urge to runaway again from her family, despite the urge of finding him herself, she chose to turn down those urges as she's fully aware what will happen to her. To him.

To them.

The mere fact, the mere thought of Jungwon being alive, still breathing is more than enough for Jiyeon to go on. To do what she's being told, to please her parents like a dog pleasing its owner.

You'll see him, Jiyeon. Soon....Safe and sound...

She thought, holding to what her parents told her. She knew deep down Jungwon might be far from being safe but she's trying to make herself believe that he's fine.

That he's alright...

And that she will see him sooner than she thought even though it seems like it will take forever.

"You are quiet. "

A voice snapped Jiyeon to reality. She blinked her eyes then pursed her lips. She glnced at the man sitting next to her in the carriage.

"You are not this quiet, I am not used to it. " the man added which made the lady sighed. "It's your parents, isn't it? "

Jiyeon stayed silent and chose not to answer as it seems like the man knows already what's the reason of her silence.

"Are they forcing you to do this? " he questioned. "I told you, I don't want to marry someone who doesn't want me. I will talk to them and force them to stop this. "

Hearing this, Jiyeon immediately and vigorously shook her head in disapproval. The words of her parents, her father, rang in her head and that made her panic.

"THEY ARE NOT FORCING ME! " she says out loud which startled the other since Jiyeon did not utter a single word since they left the Min residence earlier.

She cleared her throat when silence engulfed them.

"I mean, I am doing this on my own will. " she added but this time, it's soft, almost inaudible. Though Riki still caught it.

Jiyeon did not lie there, nor she did tell the whole truth either as she's really doing this on her own will. She is more likely forcing herself, and not by her parents.

Yes, her parents told her to do what they say in order to see him, that is why she is forcing herself in following them. She cannot afford to lose him that's why.

Riki stared at her, his eyes directly looking at hers, as if heis reading her soul which made Jiyeon uncomfortable. So she avoided his gaze by looking away.

"So you're saying you want to marry me? " The japanese questioned, his intense eyes not leaving her figure. He slowly nodded his head when she remained silent. "That's what I said. "

Despite forcing herself to follow what her parents are telling her, Jiyeon could not utter those words.

She couldn't let out those words about wanting other man, wanting to marry someone else other than Jungwon. She doesn't want to.