CHAPTER 42

I'll just see him.

I'll just see him, check him if he's alright. From afar. And that's it.

Jiyeon let out a shaky breath as she mentally reminded herself what she will do today. She nodded her head from her thoughts and inhaled deeply.

And when I see him, I'll go back here and wait patiently. Nothing else, alright Jiyeon?

And once again, she nodded. She shut her eyes tightly and did not attempt to move no matter how uncomfortable she is with her position. She barely fit in the closed space but she's not complaining. If it's the only way to see the man, then she will endure it.

Today is Saturday. The exact date of Riki going to see Jungwon or 'the peasant' the Min is talking about.

After a couple of minutes, Jiyeon felt the carriage moving. And that made her excited in a certain way. She's excited to see the man but at the same time, too nervous because this, what she is doing, is risky.

Too risky to be exact.

Almost an hour had passed and Jiyeon is starting to feel her body going numb for not moving one bit. She can feel her muscles aching and itching to move. But despite of that, she chose to ignore it and just focused of not doing anything. She chose to silently think of a plan about what she will do later when they have arrived at the place where her family is hiding Jungwon instead of risking it more by moving.

Her lover. Her partner.

Her dearest.

Riki told her about him staying for only a few minutes so as much as possible, she should go back inside the box once she took a glimpse of her lover.

And Jiyeon agreed, assuring the foreign man because that is also her plan. Her main plan.

She will just see him and check if he is alright. And when she is back at the Mansion, that us when she will think of a real plan on how to take Jungwon away from her family.

Jiyeon's eyes shut open when the carriage comes to a full stop. She then heard faint sounds coming from the outside of the box she's currently in.

Are we here? Have we arrived at the place?

She wanted to let out those questions forming in her head and ask whoever is outside the closed space she's in but she didn't. Of course she will not. What if the people outside the box are the people of her father?

What she is doing is already risky. And she's not dumb to risk and put herself, Jungwon and Riki in danger. Well, she doubt about the latter being in danger once they found out about what she's up to but still...

Just like what the foreign man instructed her before she even placed herself inside the box earlier, Riki would knock on the wooden box as a sign that they have arrived. And so far, the man haven't knocked on the thing she's in.

And so she waited.

After a few minutes, the faint voices have died down and soon, she heard someone knocked on the thing she's in. And soon, the lid of the box opened and it reveals Riki.

Jiyeon squinted her eyes as the view of the bright sky immediately struck her.

"Need help going out? "