Chapter 3 | preparation.

Sitting at your easel in your art class, you were distracted today. Probably because you'd spent the night talking to a bunch of living exhibits at the museum. You did get home early enough to get a decent nights sleep, but the experience made you... well shook, for lack of a better word. In a good way of course.

Your drapery painting assignment was half done sitting in front of you, you hadn't blended the shadows yet, because you were spaced out thinking about the museum. You'd gotten Larry's number last night so he could tell you when to come by and he'd let you in, and the plan was you'd come back tonight.

If they wanted art classes, you figured you'd start with basics. Like still life and shapes. So you'd been mentally preparing and throwing ideas around for a while now, long enough you'd been starring at your half finished painting long enough for your teacher to walk over and snap your fingers in front of your face to snap you out of it. You blinked, coming back into reality.

"You good there (y/n)?" She asked.

"Yeah, just thinking" you replied.

Assuming you meant about the painting, she gave it a scan over and pointed out an area to blend a little lighter. Thanking her, you continued to paint still thinking about the museum.

You could bring an apple or something to use as a subject, and you had to remember to bring your violin like they asked. As long as Rexy didn't use the bow as a chew toy, it'd be fine. Mind wandering back to the start of the night, you still couldn't believe the absolutely shocking sight of a mummy rising from their death.

Ahkmenrah was so much nicer than you thought a pharaoh would be. You always read about them ruling with an iron fist, and mummies were usually the subject of horror movies. But he was just... a nice person who happened to be 4000 years undead. He didn't seem to mind you'd trespassed his exhibit, he was genuinely interested in your art too. That was a nice surprise.

And the outfit... you loved a good cloak and bling combo. Dramatic, elegant, fit for a pharaoh. You wouldn't mind having a fit like that.

Although, it was odd to think that right now he was a mummified corpse in that sarcophagus. How that tablet turned him from a deadman to a reanimated, totally normal person, you had no idea. But you were glad it did, he was interesting. And all his friends were too.

When your classes finished, you headed home with some time to kill before night. Out of curiosity, you went to your computer and googled his name, wondering what historical records would come up.

Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king.

Second born son of Merenkahre and Shepseheret, and the younger brother of Kahmunrah. Alive at an assumed 4000 years ago, he was crowned Pharaoh over his older brother, due to what is thought to be his parents favouring him and finding him a better fit for the throne.

The tomb was found near the pyramids of Giza in 1938 his sarcophagus and other artefacts found in the tomb were taken to Cambridge university for study and display. Moved to the New York museum of natural history in 1952 and remains there to this day.

The study of the artefacts revealed they were made with solid gold and a vary of precious gems, the crown in particular insinuated he ruled middle-lower regions of Egypt. The most prized artefact is the tablet of ahkmenrah, a golden tablet made especially for him by his parents.

The study on the mummy revealed the assumed time period of death, and that he died young. Assumed around 17-19 years of age, wounds found on the body suggest foul play, and examination of the bones suggest he was of average height for the time, and was fairly healthy at the time of death.