Chapter 33 | sensual aesthetics

A/n: warning for lemon lol. Reader has AFAB body bc marketing yo, but there's no mention of chest being masculine or feminine so girls, NB's and transmascs can enjoy.

Things were finally wrapping up for your school year. You'd just been into the campus to submit your final work, the hieroglyph inspired set you'd been working on (with Ahkmenrahs help) over the past few weeks. In another few weeks, everything would be graded and you'd be on your way to graduate.

It was exiting, everything had been exiting the past few months. There were still a few weeks left of the museum collaboration, so most of your time in the museum was spent with Ahk and his parents, and while your dad was here visiting him too. He was staying in a nearby hotel since your ring apartment really didn't have the extra room. Not that he really minded, he'd wanted to take some time to wander the city as well while he was here.

So during the day when the rest of the museum was asleep it was just you and Ahkmenrah in your apartment. Which had slowly been turning into the Egyptian exhibit the longer he stayed with you. His art, his robes, little trinkets you'd found out shopping, they'd started to decorate the walls and shelves. Which wasn't a bad thing really, Ancient Egypt had a rather gorgeous aesthetic. Gold, jewels, cats, lavish tombs. If your messy apartment turned into a temple you didn't really mind as long as you could keep all your art stuff lying around too.

"I'm back!" You called out as you entered your apartment.

Usually when you were out Ahk took the time to nap, but he was always awake by the time you were back.

"Welcome back" he called back.

You found him in your room, where he'd found all your sewing supplies and gotten ahold of your pyjamas.

"Oi, what are you doing to my jim jams sir?" You joked.

"Fixing that hole on the top"

Ah yes, you'd been meaning to fix that for months. Looks like he'd gotten to it first.

"Oh, thanks. I've been meaning to fix it" you thanked.

"And adding some flair"

Now you were curious. He tied off the stitch and cut the remaining thread, revealing the hole now patched up with golden embroidery of a snake in his signature style.

"Woah, you're full of skills I don't know of huh? That's so cool, thank you" you smiled, taking the pyjama top in your hands to get a closer look.

"We used to stitch sigils into things as worship and incantations. I know a few things" he replied.

He began to pack up all the threads and needles, stacking them back into their box. As he did, you finally got a better look at him since you left and found he'd ditched any form of shirt to sleep in and his hair was a bit messed up from tossing and turning in his sleep. Something about him slightly disheveled was so pretty...

He was always pretty, especially in his glamorous pharaoh gear... but something about him like this. No shirt, only a loose skirt, slightly messed up hair and still sporting the powerful eyeliner of the pharaoh look. His beads, cape and robes hung up on your closet door next to the dress you'd bought to match him. It made your room look more regal.

"I can feel you staring at me" he said, putting the box back on the shelf.

"Just admiring" you smiled.

"Admiring me or my ability to actually clean up my messes?"

"Both. Mainly you... you know something about the aesthetic of Ancient Egypt is so... sensual"