Chapter 3

"Where have you been young lady?" My mom asked angrily. "I was at Papa's Pizzeria with a friend." "Who were you out with this late?" She asked still angry "I was with Crybaby Walker the kid who moved in down the street from us and my curfew is 8:00 it's 7:00 I'm not home late." Now she looked really pissed off and started walking towards me and she practically yelled "You mean that drape that moved in down the street from us, do you not care about me or your father, do you know what would happen to our reputation if you were seen with him, and you know you've never been out this late before missy." Then she slapped me across my right cheek as hard as she could and then she paused waiting for my reply. "He's not just a drape he's different he's not like the others, and it's like I'm invisible here in this town no one even notices me so how can I ruin your reputation?" I spat back at her and with that she punched me square in the jaw, then she walked out of the room to her and dad's bedroom slamming the door. Then dad got up from where he was sitting and walked over to me furiously "Now look at what you've done you upset you're mother and as for that boy I don't want you to see him again Anna got it." He said with anger in his eyes "But dad were just friends, he's the only one who understa....." but I was stopped midsentence, I felt a burning sensation across my left cheek, he must have slapped me, then he yelled "No buts I do not want you to see that boy ever again Anna weather you like it or not." With that he walked out of the room to his and moms bed room slamming the door. I ran upstairs to my room I flopped down on my bed and started crying. They don't care about me all they care about is themselves and what they look like to the town. For some reason dad's always been harder on me than mom and ever since I can remember he's always called me Anna never his little girl, princess, or even daughter it's always been Anna, I don't know why, all I know is that he doesn't care and neither does mom the only one who's ever understood or cared about me is Crybaby. Before I knew it I started to feel tired and then darkness overcame me and it all went black.