Chapter 27- Insignificance

Have the next chapter

Chapter's song: The turnaround by Gemini (Slowed + Reverbed)

(And no, not by Gemini the actual sign, that's just the singers name 😭)

Gemini's POV

I remained dead silent as the tension in the hidden, unforeseen room slowly yet surely begun to rise as the tall figure's eyes hastily scanned around for anything yet more valuable than the seemingly old novels currently on display within the room. Geeze, how long would I have to keep up with this silent cover? It feels like I can't even breathe without this cheapskate version of Sherlock Holmes picking up on it! All I ever wanted was to find a useful source of information to present to my younger sister and the three musketeers, was that really too much to ask for?!

The fact this room didn't even have any airconditioning made it even worser, how do you expect me to hide a room full of fancy smancy items and keep quiet for the most of it in this unbearable heat? Infact, who had even allowed the colours of the curtains in this room to be a deep and dark rich red with a blend of black? Ofcourse it was bound to get warmer, light is absorbed by those certain shades, there'd be infrared rays in no time!

The cloacked shadow, who I'd figured was most likely a man of some sort, seemingly gazed over one of the clear glass displays that I had briefly seen before he decided to enter the room and ruin my supposed 'fun'. I wasn't sure as to what he was doing here in the first place or why he had taken any interest in such specific written books that were kept hidden within this space for decades, millenium's, centuries or Neutron knows how long!

Before I knew it, I felt every nerve of my body freeze right in place as a loud bang could be heard with the following sound of shattered glass being echoed along the room, the small particles of the sharp substance fell to the cold, glacial-like floor. I didn't dare to look back over as I could feel my heart pound in my chest, knowing my past fears for sharp objects, specifically glass. I've always disliked glass. I certainly wouldn't have felt this way about something so small if it weren't for me experiencing the occurence of a particular 'accident' in the past.

Once the figure left, I sighed in utter relief for a few moments until I realised the jeopardising truth, a series of thoughts immediately raced through my mind.

How was I going to get out?

The exit was a door that could only be opened through one side.

My sister couldn't help me out either, my phone ran out of data and there is no signal.

I could possibly be stuck in here forever.

Grow a beard here too while I'm at it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scorpio's POV

"Now, are there any inquiries or questions about this assignment that you'd like to have answered?" Saturn asked

"Yeah, how in Zodea do you expect us to find crystals and rocks around the school? They don't just poof in out of nowhere!" Sagittarius blurted out

"I don't understand anything about this 'distillation' gibberish" Leo mumbled

"If you were to be using the organ inside of your head classified as your 'brain', you would've realised that crystals originate from nature through a process classified as crystallisation." Capricorn facepalmed

"I'd watch that digressive mouth of yours if I were to be you, not everyone is naturally grown to be a chemist." Virgo said in an attempt to defend Leo