Chapter 7

Hannah's P.O.V

When I woke up the next morning, it was a bit strange, I didn't know where I was at first, but then I remembered, this was Ballista's room, and all the memories of last night came flooding back. I got washed and dressed to take my mind off it and went down for breakfast. Ballista was on the phone to the exorcist, hopefully they'll come as soon as possible. Kook was talking to Knightriss about something, please be good news, I need something to cheer me up.

I sat down by the breakfast table and Kook came over to me.

"You ready for a day out?" He asked.

"Why? Where are we going?"

"I've been speaking to Knightriss and she agrees with me that we should all have a day off, so we're going to the beach for the day, the castle guards are going to cover our shifts."

"The beach? I haven't been to the beach for months."

"We'll get your sun cream and swimsuit babe, because you're coming too."

This is great, it's just what I need to take my mind off things, and if the exorcist comes today it'll give them some space.

********

After breakfast, I out my bikini on under my clothes, a bottle of sun cream and sunglasses in my bag, plus a book to read or some crochet to keep me occupied.

The beach wasn't that far from the castle, so it wasn't a far way to walk. As soon as I saw the sand and the sea, I smiled and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

We chose a spot to sit in a nice quiet area of the beach, I got a towel out of my bag and laid it down on the soft sand. Before I laid down I changed into my bikini and covered myself in sun cream, I could feel someone looking at me, I looked up and Kook smiled.

"You look great." He whispered.

"Thanks."

Finally, I out my sunglasses on and laid down on my towel, I closed my eyes and just listened to the noises around me, the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the sand, the seagulls calling out in the distance, and the sound if the others talking away.

After an hour I must have fallen asleep, I woke up feeling rather hot, so I turned over onto my front.

"Kook." I whispered.

"Yeah."

"Can you do me a favour and rub some sun cream into my back?"

"Erm...yeah, sure."

I handed Kook the bottle and turned around, there was a quick spark through my shoulder as Kook gently massaged the cream into my back. I took off my sunglasses and I noticed a bucket full of water near me, I got that voice in the back of my head, "how funny would it be?" it asked.

When Kook finished rubbing in the cream and handed me back the bottle, I was about to grab the bucket when I heard Gildar cry out.

"Seriously Kook?" He shouted. "You put mayonnaise in my sunscreen?"

Kook sniggered. "Come on Gildar, take a joke."

While Kook's back was turned, I jumped up, grabbed the bucket and threw the water over him. Kook gasped at the cold temperature.

"Hey!"

"You're not the only one who can play a prank." I laughed, dropping the bucket.

"You little minx, come here, I'm going to get you for that!"

Kook jumped up and chased me down the beach, I tried to out run him, but her was too fast, Kook grabbed me around the waist and lifted me off the ground, my legs kicking frantically as he began to tickle me.