Chapter 5

Hannah's P.O.V

It was a quiet morning, and I was still upset, how could Kook say that? Does he really not care about me? Would he rather be with Shaiden? I saw his face when he found out that someone liked him. I clambered out of bed that morning and looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes were red from crying and my throat was aching, I got washed and dressed and went downstairs to breakfast, Ballista and Kook noticed me as soon as I walked in.

"Are you alright, Hannah?" Ballista asked. "You look dreadful."

"No. I'm fine."

I looked over at Kook, he looked a bit down, also a bit guilty, he could barely look at me, I could feel the tears building up again, I just picked up one single slice of toast, but I could only eat half of it, anything was starting to make me feel sick.

"Hannah, are you sure you're alright?" Kook asked.

"I'm fine! Why do you want to know?"

"Well, you're not eating, you look really tired, and I'm feeling concerned for you."

"Why?"

Kook didn't reply, he was struggling to think of an answer.

"Why Kook?"

"Because...because, you're my friend, and I hate seeing my friends like this."

"Friend? Is that all?" I went to take another bite of my toast, but I couldn't bare it. "I'm done, I'm going to my room."

"Hannah, wait!" Shaiden shouted, and dashed over to me as I walked out the door. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Shaiden closed the door behind her, cutting us off from the others. "Tell me."

"I've just been a bit down lately, alright, that's all."

"But why?"

"There's a guy who I really like, and he doesn't even want to know anything about me, he'd rather be with someone else. There, I've said it, now just leave me alone."

"But who is it that you like?"

"Leave me alone!"

I walked up to my room and I didn't look back, I slammed the door shut behind me, as soon as I was alone, I burst out into tears and slowly slid down the door and onto the ground, I wanted to go home, back to Splazzer City, I thought that coming here, my dreams would finally come true, but everything's just got worse.

I remained sat on the floor for a whole hour, everything had gone wrong, and there was nothing that could make this better or worse, I got up, locked the door and got my suitcase out from under my bed, I was going to run away again, I had no idea where though, I couldn't go to Splazzer City I've been banished, and I can't stay here, because there isn't anything for me to stay for, I guess I'll just become a homeless person, continuously on the road.

I was just putting some jeans into my case when there was a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I asked, my voice shaking from crying for so long.

"Hannah, it's me." said Kook.

"What is it?"

"I just wanted to talk to you for a bit, can I come in?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to talk to you face to face."

"No why do you want to talk to me?"

"Because, I've got a sneaking suspicion that you're upset because of me, and I want to explain myself."

"Alright."