4.

Mika's POV

Ever since Desireé came to town, Chapa has been in a way better mood. It's been a bit weird, and i think I'm the only one noticing. Also when she was saving Desi yesterday, they were VERY close. Wait! Is Chapa..? No way! Chapa's in like like with Desireé? Why didn't she tell me? My thoughts cut off by my twin tapping my shoulder, which caused me to jump a little.

"Mika, are you okay?" He asked with a concerned face. "Um..Of course. I'm fine, why wouldn't i be." I blurt out frantically. "Chill sis, i was just asking." He said noticing i was startled by his actions. A nervous chuckle left my mouth, "I'm fine." To then earn a weird look from everyone at the table, but they then went back to their conversation, and i went back to my thoughts.

We just met Desireé, how could Chapa be in like like with her already? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Chapa is just being friendly. No that's really unlikely. But she didn't go all puppy eyes and drool when we were saving Desi like she did with Creston, this is weird. I tried to think of any other possible reasons for my best friend's behavior but i couldn't, she must be in like like with Desireé, but maybe a different kind of like? I'll ask her about it later.

THIRD POV
Mika's thoughts finished and she joins back into the discussion.

The group seemed to warm up to Desireé very quickly. She had already felt so comfortable with everyone. At the time Desireé 's suspicions of the group being danger force wasn't fully gone, but was the least of her worries at the moment. Instead, Desireé was doing a bit of self reflecting. Since her new feelings sprung up unexpectedly. She noticed these emotions were different towards Chapa. Des didn't know how to handle this compassion, especially because it's towards another girl. SO many questions filled her brain all at once.

DESIREÉ S POV

All these thoughts came rushing in, attacking my mind. 'Am i gay?' No I still find guys attractive. 'Well then what am i?', 'Is Chapa playing around with my feelings?' Nothing makes sense anymore. I turn to look at Chapa. I studied her features one by one. From the piercings in her ear, to her smooth jawline. Her soft lips that i suddenly wanted mine on, and those eyes that i love looking into. I had only just met this girl, and she's making me feel things that i have NEVER felt before.

Then suddenly i snap back into reality when i heard Bose say, "We should all have a sleepover at my house." I then heard everyone agreeing, so i felt obligated to agree as well. Only to fit in.

*TIME SKIP TO WHEN THEY'RE ALL WALKING TO BOSE'S HOUSE*

CHAPA'S POV

Bose, Miles, and Desireé were walking ahead, while Mika and I followed behind. I watched as Des made her way down the sidewalk. She looked angelic just by the way she walked. Her beautiful hair flowed in the wind. She's so perfect in every way. I feel like I'm floating every time I'm near her. I just hide it very well. I've never thought about a person like this, Des is a bit special to me I guess.

My train of thoughts paused as i looked over at Mika. She was picking at her finger nails, and looked as if she was debating on speaking up, so i asked her, "You good Mika?" She quickly turned her head to me. "Yep. Totally Tubular!" She said with an instant look of regret. "Come on Mika, i know something's up. You can talk to me." I say reassuringly, while nudging her on the shoulder. "Promise you won't get mad?" She asked in a quiet tone. I was so confused. "Of course, why would I? Just tell me what's up." I replied.

"Are you in like like with Desireé?" She finally spat out. My heart started racing faster, and I was shocked on how she knew,I guess mika really does know everything. But I still tried to play it cool. "N-No way, we just met the girl why would I even-? She's not even all that." I said tripping over my words, not meaning any of it. "Chapa, you don't have to lie to me, I see the way you look at her." she spoke with a sort of disappointed face. Like she just wanted the truth. "Okay, I might have a tiny crush, but it doesn't matter she's only visiting and will leave soon. I'll get over it." I finished with that last part being hard to swallow. "I just wanted the truth Chapa. I thought you trusted me." Mika stated. "I do trust you, I was just- well I don't know but-" i rambled but she cut my words off. "It's fine." Which I knew it wasn't but I left the silence alone.

I feel so bad. I don't want Mika to think I don't trust her. I just need to know how I feel. I'm still confused on so many things. I never even thought I'd like a girl or anyone, until Des showed up. Now my best friend isn't happy with me and I don't know how to fix things. Shit.

—————————————————————————

THANKS EVERYONE FOR READING. This chapter was more POVs. I thought it would be fun to give Mika a bigger part in the story. Like always let me know if you have any feedback or things you want to see.

Xoxo, JJ