13.

'The anticipation was killing me, and I could tell it was killing her too.'

—————————————————————————

DESIREÉ'S POV

The closer and closer we got the less I could wait. I finally closed the gap between us. Her soft lips against mine was electrifying. Chapa's hand at a slow pace, moved from my face to then grabbing my thigh. A small gasp escaped from my lips at the action. She laughed a little. My arms wrapped around her neck, pulling her closer, as our mouths moved in sync. The kiss deepened , breathing started to get heavier. I never wanted this moment to end.

A minute later her hands started trailing up to my waist gripping it, and our fun was cut short. "Woah." We heard and quickly separated from each others embrace. We look over to see Bose's shocked face standing next to the door. "Bose, I uh, this um." I stutter while both of us spring up from the rock. He walks over to us.

"So you did like somebody Des. Why didn't you tell me? And Chapa since when did you like,
humans?" He speaks up confused after just thinking a bit ago that I didn't have feelings for someone, and Chapa only liked animals. (😭)

"Because I wasn't sure how you would react. I mean we did just meet , and she's one of your closest friends. And I wasn't sure what I was feeling, or who I was feeling." I say looking over at Chapa. She smiles at me, I also smile at her. "Ohh, you mean Chapa and Volt." Bose said after a second of thinking. I giggle a bit then said, " Yes Bose."

"That's makes sense cause I saw you guys almost kiss. You know the first day you got here, when she saved you as Volt." He said. I had forgotten all about that. "And in your room after the sleepover." He adds. God he actually saw that.

FLASHBACK (still Desireé's POV)

It was the morning following the sleepover. I was in the guest room after waking up in Chapa's arms. I think I ruined the moment though. When I realized I was wrapped around her ,I moved away from her kinda quick and ran in here. I hope she doesn't feel bad or sad about that. Cause I feel stupid.

All of a sudden there was a knock at my door. "Come in." I say. The door slowly opens and it was the beautiful girl I was just speaking of.
"Hey, are you okay? You ran off kinda fast." Chapa said walking in shutting the door behind her.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just had to use the bathroom." I lied, I didn't wanna make anything worse. "Okay cool. Um also can I borrow a shirt?" She asked me. I would love for her to wear my clothes. "Yea sure, my suitcase's right over there." I replied pointing to my purple suitcase in front of the closet.

Chapa opens it and looks through it a bit. She then stopped holding up my Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy shirt. "Is it cool if I wear this?" She turned around and asked me. That was one of my favorite shirts. "Yes, of course." I answered. "Thanks." Chapa said turning back around.

Unexpectedly she starts taking her shirt off. My heart dropped to my stomach, but I couldn't look away. As her baggy top was all the way off, the only thing I could see was her slightly toned back. Which was partially covered at the top by her sports bra. Wow, even her back looks good. 'What is wrong with me.'

Chapa then puts my shirt on, and I gaze down at my phone pretending I wasn't staring the whole time. Then again she faces me. "How do I look?" She asks in a goofy tone. "Amazing, now that you're wearing my clothes." I remark giving the same energy back.

"You're adorable." She blurted looking over at the mirror in the room. My face started getting hotter. "W-What did you say?" I mumble in disbelief. " I said, you are adorable." She says walking towards me. When she reached me , she tucked some of my hair behind my ear. Just like the first day I got here. Chapa next lowered her hand and slowly grabbed and held mine. I glance down at our hands then back up at her. We were standing decently close to each other. I felt myself beginning to lean into her, as she did the same.

The door opened and we jump from near one another. We look to see Bose's face at the door. "We're about to leave guys." He stated . I don't think he really saw anything.

END OF FLASHBACK

He then walks over and hugs us both. "I'm happy for you two, but no more secrets please. I hate secrets." He whispered. I hug him back with a big smile on my face. I am very fortunate to have such a supportive and loving best friend. The hug ends and Chapa puts her arm around me, and I lay my head on her shoulder, and wrap an arm around her waist.

"So, are you gonna tell Mika how you feel?" I ask.
His cheeks turn red while he looks at the ground. Chapa's expression lowers to that same gloomy appearance she had earlier. "Um, maybe. I want to, I just want it to be special you know." Bose responds. 

"That's great! If you ever need our help just let us know, right Chapa?" I say trying to get her attention back. "Hmm? Oh yeah of course." She stated softly. I now knew something was really up ,but I don't want to bring it up in front of Bose.

"Bosey, can you give us a minute ?" I asked. "Sure." He says. "Also Ray wants to talk to you when you get back in." He says walking in the door letting it close behind him. Weird, why does that man want to talk to me now.? Anyray.

"Chapa, what's wrong?" I say moving to stand in front of her. "Nothing, uh why would anything be wrong." She said not even sounding believable.
"Please Love, tell me." I speak up trying to convince her. "Love?" She says smirking. I realize what I said and my flips a little, but I shake it off. "Hey, don't change the subject." I oppose.

"Fine. The day after you got here Mika found out I liked you, and was mad at me for not telling her cause we're best friends."

That explains why they were both bummed out during the games.

"Then she told Miles,and today he confronted me about not also telling him. I yelled at her, but I feel really bad about it. And my sister told me to apologize." She said

"Wait you have a sister?" I ask never hearing about any sibling of hers. "Oh yeah, her name is Sage, and she kinda already knows about you too." She responds, looking at her shoes smiling. I grab her hand. "I would love to meet her one day, since I am staying in Swellview." I mention. "What? You're staying?" She says a bit loud, soon picking me up and hugging me tight by the waist. "Yes, yes I'm living with Bose now." I reply hugging her back. We stay like this for a second.

She then lifts her head up to meet my gaze. I cup her face and kiss her lips again. Chapa slowly places me back on the ground, mouths still connected for almost a minute. We detach the kiss looking into each others eyes.

"Uh Chapa, can we talk?" Mika spoke softly walking towards us slowly. We both look over at her. "Um yeah, sure" Chapa replied. "I can go if you guys want privacy." I say about to start walking. "No it's okay, you can stay." Mika speaks up.

'This should be interesting.'

To be continued...

A/N
HIII my loves! Here's what we've all been waiting for. And I gave a little extra in there too. I hope you like the chapter, and as always lmk if you have anything you want to see in the story or some feedback . Love you all!!!!

Xoxo, JJ💋