1♡

~𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓇 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈. 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓅𝑜𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒾 𝓃𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓀 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓊𝓁𝓉𝒾𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒. 𝐼𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝒯𝓎𝓅𝑜𝓈.... 𝒩𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓈 :)

I sat In my penthouse looking over my schedule. I let out a content sigh as I realized I was free over the next few weeks.

the next two and a half to be exact.

Tossing my ipad onto the surface next to me i sat back in my seat taking a big stretch.

Finally some time to myself.

Just as the thought crossed my mind my phone began ringing. I groaned but soon stopped seeing as it was my mother's name that came across the screen.

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨?

i answered.

Mom: Oh wow! I'm surprised you answered

i huffed throwing my head back.

𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐢 𝐠𝐞𝐭. 𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠.

Mom: Yea well i told you that you needed to put your foot down and take a break every now and then. Living like this really isn't good for your health.

I shook my head already knowing where this was going.

𝐌𝐨𝐦 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧... 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬.

she huffed on the other end.

We were so much alike. stubborn and passionate.

Mom: Well i called because your dad misses you. He's been complaining for the past week. Plus you know how bad he wants you to register for the soulmate registry. You're 23 now honey. We stood by your decision to not register when you actually turned 21 but at this point you're leaving your soulmate out to dry.

Oh yea... i had forgot all about that. My dad really wants me to have a family so that one day he could spoil his grandkids. He's also a really passionate man but soft spoken.

𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦..𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞.

Mom: yes i know. And i've supported you along the way. But there's still another part of you out there somewhere waiting.

i understood what she meant. Personally... i never really minded being alone. It was calming and peaceful. I did admire relationships like the one my mom and dad had.

They were natural soulmates... found each other in college when my mom started studying abroad in Korea. Every since they've been bonded. She said when she turned 20 she randomly decided she needed a change and picked up to study abroad. You can't register for the soulmate registry until your 21. so imagine her surprise when she did after her 21st birthday just to find out her soulmate was there in korea with her.

they've always had a loving relationship. So loving in fact that i never really felt the need to look for that kind of love. I know it sounds crazy but... i grew up around so much love. yea i was bullied when i was young. My looks made me stand apart from everyone but the love i got at home out weighed that. I always felt like as long as i had them i never needed anything else.

Didn't make many friends growing up and i soon realized that i didn't really need them... who needs friends.

that was before... now im older and living in LA as an artist making pieces for high-end buyers and creating art pieces for music videos and talk shows. I've been very content. The need for love never really crossed my mind. I wasn't against it completely. But it also wasn't something i felt like i needed.

𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦... 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐝 𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞... 𝐢 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞.

Mom: see that's your problem now.. you're always cooped up in that penthouse. You need some sunlight. Whens's your next break? Im sure you'll have time off soon. Unless you went accepting every job request of you again.

𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲.. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟

she gasped.. soon i heard hands clapping.

Mom: GREAT!!!! I'm booking your flight.. it's been a while since we've seen you. Im not letting you back out. You've made excuses to not come home every time. You're dad will be so happy. And no im not gonna let you pay. I'll pay thank you very much .

i groaned kicking my legs childishly like a kid.

𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦e 𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝! 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧.

Mom: Oh shut up! you better get your little ass up and pack right now too. Your flight boards at 4:30. I'll email you your ticket information.

after she spoke the call clicked.

i went to toss my phone but the text tone rang

i looked down to see a text from my mom

-I can't wait to see you baby!!!! Your dad will be thru the roof when he see's you. Also don't worry about the registry. we'll do it together. It can be kind of confusing. Please get some rest for your flight.

I smiled at her thoughtful text and got up locking my phone. I looked around my well decorated penthouse....

well I guess i'm going home for a while.... Haven't been back since i left the day after my 21st birthday.

𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃... 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑒𝓃𝑔𝒶𝑔𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒. 𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓂𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓈. 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈. 𝑜𝓇 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎.