Chapter Sixteen

Above is Sophia's Outfit

Sophia's Point of View.

It was the next day and Lilly, Mia, Ellie, Ryan, and I met with Grandma, Charlotte, and Joe in one of the viewing rooms to go through a list of bachelors that I could get married to. When Ryan said he wanted to join to make sure that who we pick is the best choice for me.

I was a little disappointed that he wanted to be a part of the group whose job it was to find me a husband. He was my first love, and I can't deny that some feelings still exist.

''Baron Johann Klimt,'' Charlotte speaks up as a photo of a guy and his information come up on the screen as she and another worker gives the five of us a carton of popcorn ''Thank you, Charlotte.'' Ryan smiles at her taking the carton she was offering him.

''No, he is a compulsive gambler, not at all appropriate for a princess and future queen,'' Grandma says from behind me. I smile at how confident Grandma is about me becoming queen.

The next photo comes up and I hear Mia gasp. ''Oh, if Soph doesn't want him I will,'' Mia speaks up. I hear Charlotte chuckle. ''Prince William, he is not eligible as he is already in line for his own crown,'' Charlotte informs. ''His father is Prince Charles, right?'' I ask looking back at them.

''If he is not eligible then why is he involved in these pictures?'' Joe asks when Charlotte and Grandma nodded their heads to my question. ''I just love to look at him,'' Charlotte sighs looking at the photo of the prince. ''Me too,'' I hear my Grandma sigh.

''Ride on Grams,'' Ellie smirks from next to me. I chuckle as something that I knew Joe was holding was thrown toward my best friend. ''Not cool Joe,'' Ellie calls back throwing the item back to him.

We move through a couple of more slides each bachelor having had something about him that didn't make him the right choice. ''Does this popcorn taste like pears?'' Lilly asks. Ryan looks at us nodding his head also wondering. ''Genovian speciality,'' Mia, Ellie and I tell them at the same time.

''Antoine Suisson of Paris,'' Charlotte announces as we move on to the next slide. ''Plays the harp, no title, but comes from a good family,'' I hear Grandma hum. ''What about the title husband?'' Ryan speaks up. ''Ride on,'' Mia, Lilly. Ellie and I say in unison.

''No matter, put him on all the invitation lists, he is a divine dancer,'' Grandma tells who I assume to be Charlotte.

The next slide comes up and I cringe. ''Too old,'' Grandma tells us. ''Too young,'' I cringe even more when I see that it was the boy who interrupted my and Nicholas's dance at the ball. ''Arrested too many times,'' Joe speaks up about the next slide.

I hear Grandma let out a sigh of frustration. I turn around and see her stand up and start to pace slightly. ''We need someone with a title, someone who can help you run a country, without ego getting in the way. Someone attractive, someone, smart but not arrogant. Someone with compassion,'' Grandma lists off.