Chapter Three

#Sophia's Pyjamas up top. 

Sophia's point of view

I had stayed with Grandma for a few hours after Mia had left. She showed me around the estate taking that as an opportunity to work on my posture. She had also invited me to stay for dinner during of which once again she used to work on my posture. The woman had used scarfs to tie me to the chair.

Before I had left, she had given me some books for me to read at any spare moment that I had. She had also introduced me to who would be my driver.

Pulling into the driveway I had turned off my headlights and cut the engine. I grab my bag and the books Grandma had given me before locking my car and making my way inside. Once inside I looked around but couldn't see anyone, but the lights were on which meant Mom was still awake.

I look towards the kitchen when I heard Mia and Mom. I walk towards the kitchen and stand in the doorway as Mom and Mia argue. ''For seventeen years, you couldn't find a spare minute to tell Sophie or me that our father was a royal,'' Mia snaps at our mother. ''I thought I was doing the right thing,'' Mom tells her. ''What's going on?'' I ask softly as I enter the room.

Mom and Mia both look at me. ''Arguing,'' Mia tells me before looking back at our mother. ''The right thing for who mom?'' Mia asks. ''For all of us,'' Mom defends herself. ''Your father and I agreed if we silently divorced, he would be able to find a woman who would stand by his side in Genovia and produce heirs. While I would be free to live my life with you and your sister,'' mom tells her looking at me.

''I mean please, we met in college. I was young. I wanted to paint. I mean can you see me one step behind someone for the rest of life. With rules, regulations, waving and the bowing and the scraping. I was scared,'' Mom tells us as she walks to stand opposite Mia. ''Well living with a mother who lied to us for fifteen years for me and seventeen for Sophie scares me,'' Mia tells her.

''Where are you going?'' Mom asks Mia when she walks past me and out of the kitchen. ''To the royal bed-chamber,'' Mia snaps. I look at mom and point behind me. ''Well I am going up to my room,'' I tell her before turning around walking up the stairs and into my room where I dropped my bag on the bed. I place the books I was holding on my desk before turning around. I walk up to my draws and pick out some pyjamas before walking into my bathroom to get changed. 

Once I was dressed into my pyjamas and my hair was brushed back into a low ponytail I walk back into my room. I grab my homework form school and moved to sit in the window seat with my homework and laptop. I look out the window before turning my attention back to my homework.

After a few minutes of working on my homework, there was a knock on my door. I look up from my work and look at the door. Mom stood in the doorway with a nervous look on her face. ''Can I come in?'' she asks. I nod my head and gestured for her to sit somewhere. ''Is there anything you wanted to ask me?'' She asks sitting next to me.

''Why keep it secret all these years?'' I ask her. ''Like I told Mia, your father and I just wanted to protect both you and your sister. We wanted you to have a normal childhood free of the emotional trauma,'' Mom tells me. ''Your father, myself and your Grandmother agreed that they would keep their distance until we told you both!'' Mom tells us.

''When were you going to tell us?'' I ask her. ''When you turned eighteen and Mia turned sixteen. But everything changed when your father died,'' Mom tells me. I smile at her. ''Well, it hadn't really changed that much. I am turning eighteen,'' I tell her. She smiles at me. ''You seem to be taking this better than your sister,'' she tells me.

''I guess I'm looking at it in a different way than Mia is,'' I shrug my shoulders. ''How so?'' Mom asks me. ''Well the way I'm looking at it, is that all this princess stuff brings me closer to dad,'' I tell her smiling. She smiles at me and kisses my head. ''You want anything to eat?'' she asks standing. I shake my head, ''no I had dinner with Grandma,'' I tell her. ''I'm just going to finish my homework,'' I tell her. She nods before leaving the room.