Chapter Seventeen

Sophia's Point of View

The outfit Sophia is Wearing

What Ellie is Wearing.

Ever since the engagement, everything has been much more hectic, with the Wedding planning. I needed a break so Ellie and I are hiding on the staircase. 

I sigh, closing the book I was reading and look at the ring Andrew, used to propose to me. I look up though and look around the bannister when I hear some whistling. 

Ellie does the same and I see her tense up a little before looking at me. ''Are you having second thoughts?'' He asks me leaning on the railing. 

''No, I was just admiring the ring,'' I tell him defending myself. ''Sure,'' he nods his head looking at Ellie for a moment before looking back at me.

I stand up and Ellie follows behind me. ''If you will excuse us my maid of honour and I need to attend to some wedding details,'' I tell him grabbing Ellie's hand before pulling her up the stairs. 

Nicholas just follows us and I roll my eyes when I figure out what he is trying to do. ''Don't even bother trying to flirt, Nicholas, I know what you are trying to do and answer me this, why do you want the throne so much and why now?'' I ask him turning to face him. 

Before he could say anything Brigitta comes running around the corner at the top of the staircase. ''Brigette, I found them,'' she calls out to her sister. 

''Uh Brigetta,'' I call out to her gaining her attention. ''We're not here,'' Ellie tells her. ''It wasn't them, it was two ghosts,'' Brigetta calls out smiling and running away. 

Not that it makes much difference, the two maids are led back into the ballroom by one of the ladies that have been tasked to teach me more royal duties. I sigh turning to look at Nicolas. ''If you will excuse me,'' I nod at him before walking off. Ellie soon follows behind me.