Chapter Ten

Sophia's point of view.

Later that night.

''So, your Grandmother had done all that just to get Mia out of having to be taken downtown?'' Ellie asks as she and I were sitting in my bedroom doing our homework. I nod my head smiling at Ellie. ''It was hilarious,'' I tell her. ''How did it go down with your Mom?'' I ask her. ''Like usual started out alright but ended up in a fight. She had no clue about what was happening. That is how much attention she pays to her work and not her own daughter,'' Ellie tells me.

''But I don't really want to get into it. I told her I moved in here and that I was going to continue with Princess lessons with you despite her telling me not to hang with you!'' She tells me. I just raise my hands in surrender. ''Okay, I won't push,'' I tell her. She smiles at me and nods her head. ''Thank you,'' she tells me. She and I then get back to our homework and talk quietly to each other.

Time skip to the next morning.

Ellie, Mia, and I were in the back of the limo as Joe drove us to school. Mia was panicking. Grandma had told us before we went home last night that the press would be at school this morning. I feel the car come to a stop and look out the window and I feel my eyes widen when I saw the press outside. Joe gets out of the car and walks around before opening the door. I take a deep breath before I get out of the car with Ellie and Mia following behind me.

The three of us were immediately met with the flashes from cameras and questions being hurled at us by reporters. I smile at Coach Habula as she keeps the people back. I smile at each of the kids, waving and saying hello. ''Can you please sign this?'' A little boy asks me. But the fact he kept on looking at Ellie made me suspect that he was asking her as well. I smile at him and kneel to the ground. ''What's your name?'' I ask him.

''Jacob,'' he tells me. ''Jacob that is a nice name. My name is Sophia,'' I tell him before signing his notebook. Jacob thanks me and smiles at me before turning to Ellie and asking her to do the same. Looking shocked yet flattered Ellie signs his notebook underneath my name. Ellie and I link arms before turning around and walking up the steps being led by Mr. O-Connell. On my way past, I see Ryan and he smiles at me and I smile back at him.

Time Skip.

Ellie and I raise our eyebrows at Mike when we come up to him only to see him looking after Mia sadly as she runs into a building. ''What's up with her?'' Ellie and I ask him. ''She just canceled our plans on Saturday just to go to the Baker Beach Party with Josh,'' Mike tells us sadly before turning away and walking away.

Ellie and I share a look at shake our heads before continuing to get to our lockers. ''You would think Mia would be smart enough to know that Josh only asked her out just because she is a royal,'' I tell Ellie as we get to our lockers. ''What about Mia?'' Ryan asks me. ''She agreed to go on a date with Josh. What she doesn't seem to realize is that he is only using her to get his five minutes of fame,'' I tell him.

''Hey, this Saturday instead of going out to the Baker Beach Party would you want to go out to dinner with me?'' Ryan asks leaning against the wall next to my locker. I look at him and smile at him while nodding my head. ''Sure, but it would have to be after Lilly's cable show,'' I tell him. ''Do I dress formally or casually?'' I ask him. ''Formally,'' he tells me. I raise my eyebrows but nod my head. He stays so we could discuss when he would pick me up before leaving. I smile before turning back to my locker.

''So, when will people know that Mia renounced her title?'' Ellie asks me now that we were in the Library. ''Well, the first step was formally telling the Prime Minister that she renounced her title. At the Genovian Independence Day Ball she would formally renounce her title to the press and public,'' I tell her. She nods her head looking down at her work and sighing.