Chapter Six

Sophia's point of view

It was nearing the end of lunch and I was walking through the hallway at school trying to get to my locker. All through lunch I had been in a meeting with the Events committee organizing a day where we would go out into a certain part of the city and clean up. ''Sophie, can I talk to you for a second?'' Mr. O-Connell asks me walking up to me. I smile at him. ''Yeah sure,'' I tell him moving to the side of the hall so that we were out of the way of students walking to the cafeteria.

''I just wanted to ask about Mia. She seems to be more tired and in class today she had this new hair. I just wanted to make sure that everything is alright,'' he tells me. I smile at him. ''Yeah, everything is fine. It's just two months ago the father we never knew died and then out of the blue our Grandmother comes to America wanting to get to know me and Mia,'' I tell him making him nod. ''Yeah, your mother told me that she was in town,'' he tells me.

''Well thank you for clearing that up with me,'' he tells me. I nod at him and smile before saying goodbye and walking up to my locker and opening it before placing the books I didn't need out of the bag and into the locker. I then grab the books I did need. ''So, I was thinking that you and I could hang out this afternoon,'' Ryan tells me leaning against the wall next to me making me jump.

''I can't, I have something with Mia and my Grandmother,'' I tell him watching as he deflates. ''You know I thought that you would want to hang out more now that I am back. You know make up for the year that I was gone,'' he tells me standing up straight. ''Ryan honestly, I would love to be hanging out with you,'' I tell him shutting my locker. 

''But in between, school, homework, the committee, and this thing with my family, my life has gotten chaotic. Every free moment that I have is at night when I get home from my Grandmothers,'' I tell him. I look up and sigh when I heard the warning bell go off. ''I'm sorry,'' I tell him before turning around and walking away to get to class.

Genovian Consulate.

Grandma, Charlotte, Mia, and I were all walking through the garden. Ellie couldn't come because her mother wanted her home. Mia and I were trailing behind her. I was reading one of the last of the few books she gave me. She points in some directions pointing out things she wanted to do in the garden. ''The roses are lovely, but we need fountains, lights in the trees. The Japanese Embassy has a waterfall for heaven's sake. Why can't we have fountains?'' Grandma asks.

''There is a fountain over there mam,'' I hear Charlotte tell her. ''Yes, well I would like at least two in here,'' Grandma tells her as Mia, and I catch up to them. ''Charlotte, just make me an Eden,'' Grandma orders. ''Yes mam,'' Charlotte tells her. ''Girls, let's continue,'' Grandma tells us leading us inside.

''I would like for you to read these,'' Grandma tells Mia handing her the same books she had handed me that day she told us we were princesses. ''Your sister has already read all of them and is finishing up with the last one,'' Grandma tells her. ''When she is finished, she is to give it to you to read,'' Grandma tells her.

Time Skip.

''Thank you, Joe,'' I tell him after he had opened the door for me to get out. He nods at me smiling. ''Your welcome,'' I watch as he drives off before turning around to walk into the house. I stop in my tracks however when I see Ryan leaning against a car. ''Ryan, what are you doing here so late?'' I ask him. He stands up straight and walks up to me. ''Well, you said so yourself that the only free time you get is when you come home at night,'' he tells me.

''So, I caught Mia before she left school and asked her when you two usually get home. So, I could plan something for us to do,'' he tells me coming to stand in front of me. ''Really?'' I ask him. He smiles at me and comes to stand by my side before holding his arm out for me. ''Shall we?'' he asks. I just smile at shake my head before looping my arm through his.