Chapter Eight

Sophia's point of view.

When Ellie and I entered the room the first thing I saw was three vanities with all types of hairbrushes and makeup on them with mirrors hanging over the top. Turning my head, I saw three changing screens put up. In front of all the changing screens, there was a rack that held three dresses. I walk up the rack and look through them while Ellie was looking at the makeup. ''Ellie,'' I call out to her. She looks up from what she was doing before walking over towards me.

''Here's your dress,'' I tell her while handing the dress to her While I take mine leaving Mia's dress on the rack. ''Should we shower first?'' I ask Ellie. ''We had one this morning,'' she points out. ''Well, yeah, but that was before school,'' I tell her. ''What time is the dinner?'' she asks. ''Six,'' I tell her. ''Well then we have plenty of time for a shower,'' she tells me handing me a bathrobe. I smile at her before turning away and looking for a bathroom. There was a door that leads into an in-suite. I chuckle to myself when I see three different sets of shampoos, conditioners and body wash.

I asked Helen what you girls prefer. She had sent me a list of which products you girls each use. Enjoy, your Grandmother. I smile at all the trouble she had gone through before turning around and turning the water on. It didn't take long to heat up, so I had grabbed my stuff that Grandma had gotten me and got into the shower.

Once I was done, I had turned off the water and got out of the shower, I had taken one of the towels in the room and dried myself off before I put on the bathrobe. I squeeze all the extra water out of my hair before taking the towel and drying my hair. Once It was only damp, I place the towel in the washing basket and get out of the bathroom. When entering the room, the first thing I noticed was that Mia was now in the room.

''Either of you can get into the shower now,'' I tell them. Mia looks at me and smiles. ''I had a shower before Mom dropped me off,'' she tells me. I nod at her before looking at Ellie. ''I guess it's your turn then,'' I tell her. She nods taking a bathrobe and walking past me and into the bathroom. ''So, do you feel any different now that you have decided to renounce your title?'' I ask my little sister as I sit next to her.

She looks at me in thought before nodding. ''Yeah, it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Lilly was right with her list of reasons not to become a princess,'' Mia tells me. ''But you and even Ellie are better at all this royal stuff than I ever would be,'' Mia tells me. ''You two are amazing at coping under pressure,'' Mia tells me. ''Have you thought any more about what you want to do?'' Mia asks me. ''A little,'' I shrug my shoulders. ''I am trying to imagine what it would be like. But if anything, the only thing I am is scared,'' I tell her.

''Scared because I don't want to let down Grandma, the people of Genovia,'' I pause before I look down at my hands on my knee. ''Sacred that I would let Dad down,'' I tell her gaining her full attention. ''He had grown up a royal. He had his whole life to prepare to lead the country and here I am. Eighteen and only just learning about being a royal,'' I tell her. ''I am scared, Mia doesn't think that I'm not,'' I tell her. ''That is what I have feared my whole life,'' I tell her.

''Growing up I had kept on wondering If the reason Dad and Mom got divorced was because of me,'' I tell her. ''It was when I reached a certain age that I had told myself that I wasn't the reason for their divorce. That it had to be some other reason. Mom had always told me stories about how he would take her dancing,'' I smile. 

''That is when I asked her if she could sign me up to Ballroom dancing,'' I tell her. ''Dad was what fuelled me to be the best that I can be. I did all that so I could make him proud,'' I smile sadly. ''Then we found out that he was the Prince of Genovia and that he was to be the king. Then we found out that as the oldest I was next in line for the throne,'' I tell her.