Chapter Twelve

Sophia's point of view.

''Can you two please come with me?'' Mia asks Ellie and I as we all stand by the entrance of the basketball courts. Ellie and I share a look before we sigh and nod at Mia. ''Just remember that Ellie and I have to go meet Mr. O-Connell regarding the cleanup group we are taking out to the boardwalk,'' I tell her. She nods her head smiling at the two of us before we all walk onto the courts and pass the class that were playing a game to get to Lilly who was sitting by herself.

Since mine and Ellie's teacher didn't show up and there was no free teacher available, we were given a free period. Hence why Ellie and I were with Mia right now as she approached Lilly to apologize about ditching her cable show.

''Lilly?'' Mia calls out to her. Lilly just spares one glance at her before getting up from where she was sitting and walks away. ''Hey, can I talk to you for a minute, is that cool?'' Mia asks her. Lilly still doesn't answer. ''Lilly, can I just talk to you for one minute?'' Mia asks her. Ellie and I just share a look before we both walk ahead and smile at her. She smiles back at us but speaks up answering Mia.

''Sure, let's talk, but here is the thing. What about?'' Lilly asks her bouncing the ball. ''How you broke my brothers' heart, or how you ditched me for airhead Josh?'' Lilly asks her throwing the ball. ''I'm sorry okay? I forgot to call you and tell you that I couldn't make it'' Mia tells her throwing the ball back at her. Ellie and I just stand back watching and listening.

''So, I was stuck with my cousin who doesn't know how to work anything electronic except for a phone and laptop. While you were making out with the yachting yahoo?'' Lilly asks her. ''Those are really good alliterations,'' Mia tells her throwing the ball back to her. ''No! I don't want to talk about alliterations!'' Lilly snaps throwing the ball back to Mia.

''Lilly, I came up here to tell you that I am sorry!'' Mia tells her throwing the ball back at Lilly. ''Ok? I am sorry that I ditched you when you wanted help with backstage stuff of your cable show and I'm just sorry?'' Mia tells her. ''I can't believe you hung me up, after all, I did for you,'' Lilly tells her walking forward and making another shot. Mia catches the ball on the other side of the hoop.

I look at the watch and see that we still have time before the meeting before looking back up at Mia and Lilly. ''I kept your royal secret, and do you know how hard it is to have a cable show and keep a secret,'' Lilly tells her. ''You didn't keep it a secret from me,'' Mia snaps harshly throwing the basketball and missing the hoop. ''You made clear how jerky you thought my sister and I being a princess was,'' Mia starts to rant. ''Well congratulations Lilly, I formally told the Prime Minister of Genovia that I reject the title,'' Mia tells her. 

''I'm not even sure Soph wants to be one,'' Mia blurts out. ''You don't?'' Lilly asks turning to me. I shake my head. ''I don't know what I want to do,'' I tell her. ''Why?'' I ask her. ''Because I want you to be. You are cut out for this type of thing,'' Lilly tells me. ''What?'' Ellie asks. Lilly sighs before turning to Mia.

''Look I didn't mean it. It's just the green monster of jealousy came out, because your Miss Popular,'' Lilly starts to say while bouncing the ball. ''You all are and it has always been the four of us and I started to feel like I was being left behind. I mean Ellie is basically a royal by association. She might as well move to Genovia if you accept your title Sophie,'' Lilly tells us. Ellie and I share a look knowing that would be exactly what would happen.

''Anyway, I thought I was losing my best friends, so I got angry and hurt, and'' Lilly pauses to look at the three of us. ''I told you, I need an attitude adjustment,'' Lilly says turning to face the three of us. ''But the truth is, you both being a princess is kind of a miracle,'' Lilly tells Mia and me before shooting the basketball. ''Whoa, no. What Miracle? It's a nightmare. Besides, I have already formally renounced my title to the Prime Minister,'' Mia tells Lilly throwing the ball and missing the hoop.