8.Losing trains

I stayed in the office to work ok those papers too much and I'm late even today! I run frantically towards the station as my bag bounce on my shoulders and back. I'm in a great heat and the sweat make my hair wet, but I can't stop even for a moment. I reach the station and within some seconds to the ticket machine I get the paper I need and here I go running again to the binary, asking if I am still in time.

***********************************

I wasn't on time.

The train departed leaving me alone on the yellow-line-crossed sidewalk, sweating and panting as I sat down on a bench, asking what to do now. If just I had nen, I could have teleported myself, or stopped the time so I could have got to take the train in time, but No! I want to live as a normal girl, uncaring about the family tradition to become hunters. I choose to work in a boring and monotone office with perverted and annoying co-workers and bosses, I choose to being dumped by every boy who lied their eyes on me becouse I was too "normal", what that even meant??
But I decided it becouse I know that "Hunting" isn't for me. I have nothing to hunt down, I have not a peculiar dream I want to reach...I'm just pure normality.
-I guess that "normality" has to call a taxy again...- I sighed, taking my cellphone out from my pocket.
-Maybe I can give you a lift.- I heard a voice saying behind me, and as I lifted up my gaze, my eyes met the most mesmerizing blue they ever saw.
After I finally got over every sea and sky that eyes hood, as some eterneties passed in the mean time, I started to look at the owner and I saw the most handsome man around my age I ever saw before: he had silver messy but soft hair and a tall and slim but still fit figure, I was staring at him in a daze when I remembered I needed to answer his question.
-I.... I....- I shuttered, I guess my head was beef red now. To think that a "normal" girl like me could have met some nice, cute and overall not bad guy like him.
-You...?- he asked, since I still didn't answered his question.
-I... would really like that...- I said, still a bit daydreaming.
-Good, hop on!- he said happily, crawling down as if he wanted me to really "Hop on" him. As I realized he was serious I grabbed sightly his shoulders and he took my legs up to his waist staing up.
-Hold on thigt! And don't worry about the stingly sensation, it will go away after some minutes!- he said, then I adverted a changememt in the air: was he using a nen ability? I wondered what it could have been.

The second after I felt electricity pass all over me, and the boy I didn't even knew the name of rushed forward startin to run on incredible speed:-Is this Nen?- I asked to the boy as he looked over at me asking how did I knew that, so I started to explain the trubles my family had when I proclamed that I didn't wanted to become an Hunter.
-I had an experience simmilar to yours, actually...- the boy answered, looking back to the road:-But I was born in a family of assassins.- I stared wide eyes at him, then I smiled, thinking that he has been even braver than me when rebelling to his family.
We arrived at my house soon than predicted, and he lifted me down as I started to think that I didn't wanted this night to end like this.

-Would you....like to come in?- asked a bit flushed, searching for my keys.
He blushed embarassed as he nodded, saying that I needed to pay him the lift anyway.

************************************

As we entered I found another man about my age sitted comfotably on my couch watching TV. I stared at him with wide eyes as he got up and greeted us with a bright smile.
-Yo Killua!- the newbie had spiky black hair and big brown eyes, smiling and waiving.
-GON?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??- yelled pissed off Killua, as they began to argue eith each other about some kind of mission they had to do about "protecting the girl" that I assumed it would have been me.

I looked at the two of them catching up as I began to think that meeting Killua wasn't a fortunate coincidence, but a well buildt plan of someone. My parents were Hunters and they had many enemies, so it's normal for them to call for some bodyguards to "protect" me. As they tought I wasn't able to do it alone.