13. Kill or get Killed

To the someone that in 10 years will read this after the zombie apocalypse is over, if it will ever end. The day is September the 1st, at York New city, Or how me and Gon are calling it, York Shin(Death) city.

I'm [Name], I'm sixteen and I've been fighting undeads for five years with my three best friends Gon, Kurapika and Killua. We live off stealing from houses and trying to be quite as possible, becouse every single noise could wake the Zombies who now lie in the dark waiting for the night to come.

This night Kurapika asked me to write all my feelings on a paper he found, it's been almost a life ago since I wrote something so forgive me for my crappy handwriting, I'm not even sure myself on what to say here, so I'll let this Zombie's broken finger do it's work as it was my favourite dark bloody red pen, even if the bottle I should have been putting this has been stolen by Killua as he needs it for something I don't really want to know.

Now for really saying what I need to say:
People say zombies are dangerous, well, they are! We had to cutt off Gon's left arm two years ago becouse one of them bit him. We all cried for that, nobody should see a friend cut up another friend arm just for letting him live in some kind of hell on earth some time more. But seeing Gon become a zombie, for us, was an even worst idea.
The most horrible thing that happened tought was when the friend who cutted Gon's arm for letting him survive died.
His name was Leorio, he may have been clumsy, hot headed and a lot pervert, but he was awesome and a really nice person. He was like the older brother who could comfort you after you got scared by thunders, or Zombie 's and theyr victim screams.
He died becouse of another survivor, the name of that dead meat was Jhones, and all I can say it's that he has 3 bullets in his head and one in his heart.

Another thing you may forget when you are in a Zombue apocalypse are feelings, either way that if you jump to take a bite or a bullet for your lover or that the guy you liked for years comes to your house and saying "I always loved you" muching away your jaw, you should stop having deep feelings towards anyone who can die and become a zombie. But in that I can't really help you. Being the only girl with 3(now let's be honest) hotties doesn't really help, especially if you also are 16th and full of pumping hormones, blocked with other teenagers with the same problems, luckily for me, we all have a great auto-control and we follow Leorio's rules.

Rule number one: If you see a Zombie coming towards you, Kill it or run to help, if you stay and panick, you die.

Rule number two: always shot at the zombies at least two times, you have to get sure they are dead, if they are not, then you are.

Rule number three: be ready to get on with people death, even if you cared very much about them, and also became aware that you'll have to bear the pain surviving give you, life is not easy, especially if you care about more lives than yours.

These were our rules, even if the first two were always respected, the last one was too hard. This morning we had a brawl with other survivors about who will get the big mansion at the end of the road, and I almost got killed by a bullet, rigth before Killua shoved me out of the way and looked at me worried. He said that "he broke it" and we both know that was the third rule. What he doesn't know is that I broke that as well.

Tomorrow we are going to clean up the big mansion at the end of the road, Kurapika said that will be a very hard mission, and maybe one of us will die. He looked at Gon when saying that, becouse he can't shot and recharge as fastly as us without a hand. I just hope it's just him being overly worried again and that's not any actual feeling.

*******************************

To whoever will survive this hell, this is the 5th of September, still at York Shin city.