Meredith Grey - Part one

It was a Saturday, which meant the whole Grey clan would be home. Meredith, Lexie, Thatcher, and his 26-year-old girlfriend. Ashley was the name and to Meredith's surprise, she was nice. Not the typical 26-year-old who doesn't care and wants money. She was sweet, not the kind to date a drunk. 

"Meredith!" Lexie's voice rang, and Meredith could hear the 14-year-old running up the stairs and to Meredith's room "Ashley is here, She brought donuts!" 

Meredith let out a soft sigh, as she sat in her bean bag. Reading a book about medical stuff. It wasn't that she didn't like Ashley. She liked her, it was her father that she didn't like. Meredith felt bad for Ashley. After a few more seconds passed, Lexie began to pound her fist into the door. 

"Meredith, come out. You've been in there all day," She whined. She and Lexie were close, they didn't have the average sister relationship. They were tight and so close that they told each other everything. Even though they were almost four years apart. 

"One minute!" Meredith muttered under her breath. Getting up from the bean bag and walking toward the door. Before she could open it, Lexie had opened it for her. 

"Hi!" She boasted very golden retriever-like. 

"Hey," Meredith muttered, walking passed Lexie. She followed behind, her attitude still bright and bubbly. Meredith was calm and silent. 

The two walked downstairs, side by side. Meredith could hear their father in the distance talking to Ashley. It was the mushy talk that made Meredith cringe. She could hear them baby-talking to each other. Who does that? Meredith thought to herself. They entered the kitchen and the mushy stuff stopped and the two stared at the girls. 

"Meredith!" Thatcher Spoke sweetly, he walked over to her and have her a big hug. Meredith winced, feeling his arms hug her and the smell of scotch hitting her nostrils. "Why don't we have a family night!" He explained. Thatcher stepped back and patted her shoulders, a bright smile on his face. Great. Meredith thought. 

"Uh, sure," Meredith spoke, giving Thatcher an unsure smirk. Lexie looked over at Meredith and frowned. As if she was saying, relax it's dad trying to spend time with you. But she doesn't know. She hasn't seen his bad side. All Lexie knows is that he drinks and that is all she'll ever know. Or so, that is what Meredith thinks. 

"Good." Thatcher cheered, taking Meredith gently by the shoulder and guiding her and Lexie into the living room. 

They all sat in the living room, looking at each other awkwardly. Ashley was the first to say something. Her perky voice echoed throughout the room. Meredith normally didn't like bright and shiny people, she and her best friend Cristina would mock them. But Ashley was the only exception. 

"Wanna play sorry?" She asked

"Nah, how about we play apples to apples!" Lexie chimed in. Meredith sighed, looking between the three people in the room. Of course, Lexie was an exception too. 

"How about no," Meredith muttered 

"Oh come on, you love that game!" Lexie sighed 

'No, Derek, Cristina, and our friends like it," Meredith spoke getting up from her spot "How about we play poker? That's more fun." 

"Sure, I love poker!" Thatcher and his girlfriend cheered at the same time. Of course, you love it, you're both drinkers. Meredith thought. 

Meredith brought out the cards and they all began to play. Of course, with no money, it's still fun that way. They played for at least an hour. The games of poker were fun, but both Meredith and Lexie noticed that Thatcher drank at least five bottles during that time. He became antsier after the fifth bottle. When the game was over Thatcher got up and walked over to the tv and turned it on.