School - Part four

I have made this chapter extra long, I am not sure if you all like that or not. I also didn't wanna separate into two different chapters lol. I hope you all enjoy it! 

Meredith woke up next to the wall and a sleeping Derek next to her. He was facing toward her, halfway on her pillow. He looked peaceful. Meredith laid there for a few moments before trying to get up. Pain surged through her body and she tried getting up, she winced loudly. Clutching her chest. She felt an arm wrap around her and gently pull her back down. Derek was still asleep, but it was almost like it was an instinct to pull her back.

Meredith sighed, feeling as both of his arms loosely wrapped around her. She felt safe and loved. But she couldn't get her hopes up or even think of Derek romantically. She tried to get out of his hold again. Crying out in pain as she pried his arms open.

"Meredith," Derek mumbled, rubbing his eyes and looking around the room "Don't hurt yourself." He let go of her, letting her get off the bed and leave into the bathroom.

"I was trying to not wake you,"

"You could have woken me up. Smack me or something." He muttered, his sleepy voice being in effect.

"No!" Meredith frowned looking over at him "I wouldn't hit you."

"I get it," Derek muttered, getting up from the bed. He watched as she washed her face and took another dose of Excedrin.

"You promise not to tell anyone about this?"

"Us sleeping in one bed or your father?" He asked, Meredith, sighed and looked over at him from the mirror.

"My father," she spoke. 

"But you need help," Derek muttered, walking closer to her. He watched as she began to do her makeup. "You need to tell people and get out of this mess you're in."

"I can handle this myself," Meredith whispered, "you gotta be quiet, Thatcher can't know you're in here."

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No," she mumbled, looking over at him again. He looked back, his eyes sparkling.

"Anyway, Jules and I broke up. The thought I was cheating with you." Derek spoke, stepping more into the bathroom. His voice was low.

"That's great," she muttered underneath her breath "we're friends. That'll never happen." She added.

"Right," Derek chuckled. Hearing her say that broke him just a little bit. He looked at the ground for a few seconds and looked back over at her. She now had her back to him, her focus on something else. They have been best friends for so long, that being in a relationship couldn't work.

"So," Meredith spoke spinning around to look over at him. She saw the look on his face. He looked sad, she frowned and walked over. Ignoring what she was going to say. "What's wrong?" She asked, her head tilted a little to the left and her face showing concern.

"N-nothing," he muttered shaking his head

"You're stammering."

"So."

"Derek, is it because of what I said?" She asked sitting next to him. He noticed all the bruises on her body had disappeared because of the makeup. She was so good at hiding.

"No," he sighed, trying not to make eye contact.

"Alright then, what is it?"

"Nothing Mer."

"Fine, I will drop it," Meredith spoke "For now." She added, looking over at him. She couldn't help but wonder if that was why he looked so sad. Maybe he did love her that way and she just blew it.