Attached - Part Fifteen

Meredith woke up alone in Derek's bed, and panic struck. Where did he go? She looked at the clock to see it was noon. Quickly, she texted him and rushed downstairs. Why was she so scared now that Derek wasn't by her side? She felt like she needed him by her side, like she couldn't live without him.

"Derek?" she called out, her voice sounding panicked. She looked around the living room. Her heart was beginning to race. A soft voice caught her attention, it didn't belong to Derek.

"Meredith, he went to school remember?" Carolyn spoke softly as she slowly approached her. Meredith stepped back, shaking her head. "It's okay, he'll be back soon."

"N-no I-I need him!" She raised her voice, her voice shaking as she spoke. You don't need him.

"Meredith it's okay, calm down you're going to hyperventilate." she coaxed, she walked closer now, her arms open to hug her. Meredith didn't listen, she got more hysterical.

"No! Only he can protect me, he's the one thats always been there for me!" Meredith shouted, she backed herself against the wall, terror filled her eyes.

"You think that, because you've been through something traumatic, you're safe with me too Meredith." Carolyn spoke, her voice was still calm. Chill as a cucumber.

"Please get me, Derek, please!" she pleaded. She flung her hands around as she spoke.

"Meredith," Carolyn sighed, she felt terrible for her. She didn't know what to do, call Derek, and have him come back? "Let's get something to eat, let me make you some food."

"I'm too scared to eat," Meredith mumbled, her eyes glossed over from crying. Her heart was still racing as she stood there, staring at Carolyn.

"The boy who locked you up is in jail sweety," Carolyn spoke, this time she was close enough to give Meredith a comforting hug, but something said Meredith wouldn't allow it.

"Something still can happen,"

"You are right. I locked all the doors and windows for us, I even closed some of the blinds,"

"T-thank you." she stuttered, she calmed down after taking a few deep breaths. But she still wanted Derek, she wanted him there and now.

The walked into the kitchen and Carolyn began to get out the stuff to make Meredith some food. In hopes that she would at least eat something. She began to make pancakes for her, they were homemade to be exact. Meredith sat there patiently, watching as she did her work to make the pancakes.

"I-I'm sorry," Meredith stammered, Carolyn shook her head as she was beating the batter with a wisk.

"Don't be dear," she responded, he voice so sweet and kind "He found you right?" She asked.

"Y-yeah,"

"You feel attached because he helped you, he was there when you needed."

Carolyn continued to make her some pancakes. Meredith heard keys jingle and the door opening. It frightened her, so much that it made her hide underneath the table. Behind one of the chairs, he eyes watched the hallway with terror.

"Where'd you go?" Carolyn spoke, looking around the kitchen "it's just Derek honey,"

"Derek?" She muttered, getting up from the floor and hurrying over to him.

"Hey!" He spoke, as she ran into his arms hugging him tightly "you're okay," he hugged her back, resting his head on top of hers. He closed his eyes taking her in.