Derek - Part ten

Meredith had waited until no one was downstairs and it was clear. When it was, she grabbed a few things and decided to leave for her own house. She wanted to grab some things, but she had to do it without being caught. She was terrified, she could have asked someone to get her stuff. But no, she had to do this herself. Meredith didn't want to seem weak. Since Derek's house was only a neighborhood away from her she just had to walk a few miles. She would grab her backpack and fill it up with some of the things she needed. 

When she made it to her house, there were no cars in the driveway which was a relief. She used her house key and entered the house, walking up to her room. After she began to pack some things a loud noise was heard followed by a voice that gave her shivers down her spine. She quickly hid in her closet in hopes she wouldn't be found. 

Warning: Abuse and harsh language. And sadness. 

"Meredith, I know you're here. The door was unlocked!" Thatcher yelled. She could tell he was still downstairs, she stayed quiet. But she could hear his footsteps get louder and louder until he ripped open the closet door. His face burned with rage. "You little bitch!" He spat, grabbing her by her shirt and pulling her up from the ground. 

"I'm sorry, I just needed to get away!" Meredith mumbled as tears sprung from her eyes. She was breaking, she couldn't take it anymore. 

"You little brat, you don't need to!" He yelled "You're nothing. Just like your mother." He spat, punching her hard in the face. She winced, grabbing her face. 

"I-I'm not nothing. I am a human being!" She cried, but she was beginning to feel like she was. 

"You're useless, no one wants you, Meredith!" 

"That's not true!" Maybe it is she thought.

"It is!" He spat, hitting her in the stomach "Not even your sister or Derek wants you." He laughed and punched her again. 

"Stop!" She yelled trying to fight back, looking through the tears that were clouding her vision. She tried reaching behind her, trying for anything. It was a bat. She grabbed it and swung at Thatcher, causing him to stumble back. Making it easy for her to run. 

So she ran as fast as she could, but when she got to the door he was almost at the end of the stairs. For her luck, the door was locked. She tried unlocking it, but no luck. It was too late, Thatcher had already reached her. She sighed, watching as he go closer and closer. 

"You're stupid!" Thatcher spat, grabbing her and throwing her to the ground, and kicking her. Through all that, she heard Derek's voice through the door. He was saying her name, his worried voice trying to get through to her. 

"Derek!" She cried out "The spare key!" 

"Shut up!" Thatcher spat smacking her across the face. 

Derek was outside grabbing the spare key, tears streaming down his face. He had a feeling she'd go home. That's why he showed up, hopefully at the right time. He got in he hated what he saw, it made him angry. It also hurt him at the same time. 

"Get off of her!" Derek yelled tossing Thatcher to the side, grabbing the bat Meredith had dropped. He swung it at Thatcher, just enough to knock him out. He looked over at Meredith who looked warn out and tired. She was alive but looked terrible. 

"Thank you," She mumbled, getting up from the floor. Pain coursing through her veins. She did feel terrible "I need some stuff." 

"Meredith," Derek sighed, watching as she made her way up the stairs. He followed her close behind "What are you doing here? You know it's not safe." His tone only sounded concerned. 

"I needed to get some stuff," 

"Oh, Meredith you should have just asked, I would have," 

"It's fine, I can do it myself," Meredith sighed, grabbing some things and finishing up packing. She didn't mean to sound rude, she was just so exhausted. Quite frankly she felt like she didn't deserve anything, she began to feel like she were a bother. 

"I understand," Derek spoke softly, he could tell something was going on in her head. "I want to be here for you." 

"Thank you, Derek," She told him, gently taking his hand in hers "Let's go back okay?"