Everything will be okay - Chapter fourteen

Warning:::::: Mention of SA

Derek had woken up to a few soft knocks at his door, it didn't startle him as much as Meredith. She had woken up like she was having a nightmare. Jolting up from her slumber and looking around the room, Her eyes wide. But as soon as was fully awake she realized everything was fine. Derek gave her a soft smile and whispered softly to her.

"You're okay, it's probably just mom." He told her, as he got up from the bed and walked over to the door. He glanced back as he opened the door. She has a soft smile and her eyes were glossed over.

"Hey, is Mer in here?" It was Lexie, she peaked her head in the room and glanced over at Derek. Her worried eyes faded as she saw her sister safely in the room "Good." she whispered, a small smile forming on her lips as she sighed in relief "When Carolyn picked us up and not you I got worried," She doesn't know yet. Meredith thought to herself, watching as Lexie stood there talking.

"Everything is fine," Meredith muttered, giving her younger sister a soft smile. Everything is not fine.

"Good." She smiled and glanced back over at Derek. She knew something was up, she could tell by the look on his face. "Carolyn is making food soon," she added before leaving, closing the door behind her. She didn't want to pry, she'd figure out what was going on sooner or later.

As she left she could hear the two whispering. She wanted to listen in so badly, she wanted to know what was going on. Maybe that wasn't what they were talking about. Maybe it was something else, so she left walking downstairs to meet Amelia on the couch. Waiting for her mother's famous cooking.

"We should tell my mom." Derek sighed as he sat down next to Meredith. It was an exhausted sigh, more of a worried sigh. And boy, he was worried about her. She observed her before speaking again, his voice calm and soothing "She'll be able to help you more than I. Of course, I'm always going to be by your side and help you through everything. But she's like a mom to you, you need that,"

"I need you," Meredith muttered, looking over at him. Her eyes are glossy. He was almost taken aback by what she said. "She can know, but I want you," she added, this time she sounded more confident about it. He nodded softly and smiled.

"I want you to Meredith. I promise I will be with you every step of the way." He said, reaching his hand out for her to take. She didn't hesitate. Grabbing his hand and gently squeezing it.

"L-let's go talk to her," Meredith stammered nervously, she didn't want to talk about what had happened. Not ever. But if Carolyn could be one of the people to help her get better, then she was willing to say something. Even if it scared her.

"Everything is going to be okay, alright?" Derek reassured, she gave him a half smile and nodded. He could tell she was nervous. "Do you want to wait until tomorrow?" He asked. She shook her head no and took a deep breath.

"It will be better if she knows, right?"

"You don't have to necessarily tell anyone yet, this just happened to you Mer."

"I-I think I'm just gonna tell her, rip off the bandage."

"Okay. You can say no if you want to." He spoke softly. The two stood in the middle of the room, still holding hands as she nervously stood there. You can say no. It rang in her ears over and over again.

"You're right, but it is your mom."

Derek nodded and gently rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb. Something that sent shivers down her spine, only because she liked the feeling of his slight affection. The two walked downstairs, side by side. Meredith saw the eyes of Amelia and Lexie. Their curious and worried eyes that is. But they didn't say anything, they couldn't. Not yet.

"Ma?" Derek asked as they walked into the kitchen. Carolyn was just getting started on the food and had her back to them when they walked in. She turned to greet them, a soft smile on her face. "I need to tell you something," He spoke, her face dropped and her smile faded.

"What happened?" She asked, stopping what she was doing and walking over to Meredith. Who was on the verge of tears? Her body began to shake and her legs became weak. Carolyn grew worried at the second.

"I-I." Was all Meredith could get out before she started sobbing, pulling herself into Derek's chest. Her face against his navy blue shirt.

"Something bad happened at school," Derek whispered, he hugged Meredith back. Not sure if she wanted it or not "Is this okay? Are you okay with me hugging you back?" He asked cautiously, she nodded, wiping the tears from her face and continuing to hold him tightly.

"W-was." Carolyn swallowed, holding back tears of her own. It pained her to see Derek and Meredith upset. His eyes were now glossy and wet, his face burning red. "Was it that boy?" She asked, knowing what had happened that one night. Where her abuser had tried, but failed.

All Derek could do was nod, holding Meredith in his arms as she held onto him.