Humility - Part three

Derek followed after Meredith, walking closely behind. She was quick, but he was just as fast. He followed her into a corner. He frowned as he slowly approached her. He heard slight sniffles and sobs escaping her tiny body. Derek sighed, crouching down to her level. He waited a few seconds before talking.

"M-Meredith?" He stammered worried, he reached out and gently rubbed her shoulder.

"Ow!" She cried out rubbing her shoulder, she looked up. He had touched the shoulder that was bruised. He winced, knowing that he somehow had hurt her. He felt horrible.

"I'm sorry mer I didn't mean to hurt you," He whispered, getting a little closer. This time he gently rubbed her other shoulder, hoping it wouldn't hurt. It didn't.

"I-Its okay." She stammered. Somehow he had helped calm her down with his touch. Damn it, she thought.

"Come on, let's go to the table. He's gone now, I promise," Derek spoke, standing up and reaching out his hand.

"Wait," Meredith muttered, getting up and brushing off her pants "I-I need to tell you something."

Before she could say anything, Jules had found them. She was enraged that Derek had followed Meredith. Her fists were curled up into balls as she rounded the corner. She was so angry that she slapped him, tears falling from her eyes. Meredith stood there appalled. Why would anyone hit Derek? Why would they hit anyone?

"The heck!" Derek winced, looking between Meredith and Jules "I-I can't deal with this Jules. I'm gonna take you home and we're going to talk." He muttered, taking her by the hand and walking her out of the mall.

Meredith sighed, whipping the tears, and walked over to the remainder of the group. Meredith had sat down next to Christina and Alex. They both exchanged glances before one of them gently placed a hand on Meredith's shoulder, luckily it was her good shoulder. Christina gently rubbed her shoulder, then pulled her into a hug. Which was unusual, but it was what Meredith needed.

The rest of the day consisted of no drama and chaos. They all walked around and talked about life and looked at various places at the mall. Afterward, they met back up with Lexie and Amelia. They both seemed to have a lot of gossip about the people at the mall. The two were people watchers. After meeting up, they all separated. Christina had taken Meredith and Lexie home. As well as Amelia.

When they had gotten home, Christina had offered to stay the night. Not wanting her to know her secret, she declined. Told her that Lexie would be there. She felt bad, only because Christina was only trying to help. She only was that charismatic to the people she cared about.

As Lexie and Meredith walked up the driveway, they were greeted by an angry Thatcher. Who stood by the door waiting for them. Meredith could see the look on his face, it terrified her. She stopped, frozen. She grabbed Lexie's hand, stopping her in her spot. They both looked over at Thatcher. Meredith glanced over to see if Christina was there. Nope.

"Shit," Meredith whined, glancing over at Lexie who looked worried. "I-I can't do this right now. I just found out Damon cheated and Derek's ignoring me. I-I can't." She spoke choking on her words. Tears formed in her eyes.

"I have you," Lexie whispered, gently squeezing Meredith's hand "Let's go, just hold onto my hand okay?"

Warning: Violence and strong language. If you are sensitive to the topic, please skip this part. I understand if there is someone who doesn't want to read this kind of stuff. There will be the bold text where the warning is over.

"You whore!" Thatcher snarled gabbing Meredith "I heard what happened! The whole town heard. You're sleeping with a man whore!"

"No, it was him that was sleeping around not Meredith," Lexie stammered.