Chapter 5 - The Monster / The Thing

I was finally released from jujutsu tech after a full week. At the end of the week Yuuji jumped out of a box to announce he wasn't dead. It was pretty fucking dumb but I didn't say anything. Mr. Satoru offered to bring me home but I assured him I'd be alright. He thanked me for staying with Megumi to help cheer him up and also not say anything about Itadori's spontaneous resurrection. I never got any clarity on that but I assume it's better for me to remain unaware.

Its more than obvious something Is going on. I mean with that weird illusion where Megumi was being weird, and that weird meeting with the Principal. Its all just weird, weird, weird. I want to ask about It but, I wouldn't even know what to ask. I've tried to do a little research on my own time but I keep hitting dead ends.

When I made it home I looked at my front door. Something was wrong with it. It was almost distorted. Slowly, I let myself into the house and  I immediately knew something was wrong. Every light in the house was off. It was dead silent and cold. The aura was daunting and heavy. I think something followed me home. Maybe its been here. I wondered if I should lock the door. Trap it inside, I would be trapping myself with it.

I turned around to leave out. I'll call Megumi or Mr. Satoru. But when I made it to the door that was just behind me it was already gone. Whatever this thing was it was nearby. I walked deeper into my house, making my way up the stairs when I saw a trickle of light bleeding from under my mothers door frame. I opened the door swiftly, she should still be at work.

When I stepped in, there she was. My mom. She was still in her work clothes, asleep on her bed. Hovering over her bed was a thick, stubby, dense looking creature. It looked similar to an elephant seal. It had a thick long snout that wrinkled over with small black eyes. Its body was somewhat humanoid. It had legs arms, the structures on the end resembled hands and feet but they were much larger and fatter than normal ones. Its entire body looked a bit bloated. It was hovering in middair sitting criss-crossed like it was meditating over my mom.

Its eyes were so black I couldn't tell if it was looking at me or not. But I could tell it was doing something. My mother, though asleep, seemed to be in distress. Foolishly I etched closer and closer until I was almost under it myself. I yanked my mother from under it and quickly placed her behind me. She was still asleep. My actions seemed to have angered the thing it unraveled itself from a sitting position and stood on the bed.

For a moment all was calm. Then, it launched itself at me. The overbearing weight of its body swallowing me.

I felt that surge of energy course through me again. My chest flickered and I screamed. Pushing the massive thing off of me. When I did, it lunged back forward. From that became a tedious game of it attacking and me defending. No matter what I threw at it everything just bounced off of its dense body. I lured it away from my mothers room and ran down to the kitchen. It followed me. I grabbed a knife and attempted to stab it but the knife just melted into its body. It was like trying to slash wet sand. It just morphed around itself.

I began to get tired but the energy welling up inside of me only grew stronger. It stopped attacking for a moment and I was able to catch my breath. I put my hands on my knees and tried to breathe deeply. But as I looked down I noticed... I was glowing. My body was surrounded in a pink hazy fog. I was almost gloaming.

I punched the thing then I punched it again and again. Each time I watched its skin ripple and tear. It mewled out in pain. Screeching like a newborn. I continued to punch, even kick it, push it, slap it, bop it.
It began cowering away from my. Begging for mercy, but I continued to hit it.

As I felt the energy within me diminishing I raised both of my hands up and knitted them together to make a fist above my head. I jumped and came crashing down, digging my fist into its scull and slamming it down with all of my might. There was a loud bang as its body crashed down onto the floor and the thing banished into nothingness. The aura casing my body in that weird fog disappeared and my house flooded with light. Everything seemed back to normal. I raced up my steps to check on my mother. She was still fast asleep but breathing, and snoring rather loudly. I pulled her into the guest room bed to let her rest.

I cleaned her room, fixed up the damage from the fight and retired back into my room. I was exhausted. But when I stepped in my room I could see someone outside my window. There was a man. The same man who was at the shop. He was walking away again, and i let him. I don't know what he's doing or why he's doing it. But I know above all. i don't n't want to know. More than anything I want to pretend none of this ever even happened.

But I cannot.

Every single day, when I would come home there would be a new monster in my house, preying on my mother. Each time she would be asleep and wake up shortly after with no recollection of what happened or why she was in the guest room. I'm almost tired of lying to her. I can't even keep coming up with different lies. I'm tired of fighting these fucking things. If they aren't in my home they're at my job. Its like I cannot escape them. Everyday they become more and more powerful and each time the fire that dwells in me becomes harder to control.

I don't know what to do.