Chapter 11 - Elaine / Aaran

Elaine was born in the heart of Japan to her mother Mila and her father Eric. She took most physical attributes from her mother. Supple brown skin, bright brown eyes, thick lips, long legs, wide hips, and coily hair. Not only were her legs long, but her arms too, as well as her torso. She was generally the tallest girl in her class. Her height she got from her father. 5'9 to be exact. She wasn't a giant or anything, but she towered above her 5'3 - 5'5 classmates.

She was one of four children. Two boys and two girls. She had an eldest sister, two older brothers, and she was the youngest. Her mother and father were not wealthy but they lived comfortably. She wasn't spoiled but she never lived without. She attended a good school, she had the clothes and shoes she liked. Her own room, electronics, toys and such. She was fairly happy growing up as well. Her family was kind-hearted, warm hearted people. She ate dinner with her family as a whole each night, they would go on outings and trips together. Overall her life was quite simple but it was enjoyable.

Her siblings grew up under the same ideals as her. Finish school, find good work, marry happily, work hard, have children, and live a blessed life. That's exactly what she did. She graduated within the top three of her class. She had no problem with coming in second place. She never strived for the best, she just wanted to be good enough to make it. Very quickly she found passion within business work. She wasn't the best in the world, but she was good. Good enough to make a living.

She was a bit of a cutthroat business woman, she wanted more than anything to be an owner, but she found herself always working for someone. Her position was mainly centered around the way she looked, a black woman trying to own a business in Japan was like a vegetarian lion. The feeling of having something so close and yet so out of reach wore her patience thin. Every aspect of her life was rushed. The only way she would ever reach her goals is if she moved at the speed of light. Her swiftness was best explained as being superhuman. But one day her speediness landed her in a nasty car accident.

~

"Ma-Ma'am!? Are you alright?" The large truck owner she had rammed into was knelt at her door, trying to pry it open. On the other side, Elaine was silently lying on the seat. Her eyes were blown open and her mouth was locked shut. The man was able to open the door and pull the woman out. There was glass shattered out from the windshield freckled across her face and chest. The man called 911 as he held the woman in his arms, begging her to speak up.

"Hmm?" Elaine grunted. "Aaran! My name is Aaran." He shouts over the phone as the police question him for further information. "Can you quiet down, Aaran?" Elaine asks. He looks down at the now conscious woman and drops his phone. "Oh thank god." He says letting her go and taking a deep breath. Her head clunks down onto the pavement and she winces in pain. "Go ahead, finish the job why don'cha!" She exclaims. "I'm so sorry." He says lifting her back up off of the ground. Traffic just continued to pass alongside them. No one stopped, or honked. Just the almost eerie flow of traffic all around them.

Elaine grunts as she clears her throat and sits up. Aaran pushes back. "You shouldn't move." He says. "I'm alright." She says. "You passed out!" Aaran reminds her. "I haven't slept in 4 days, that was a power nap. How much do you need for the truck, I don't feel like fucking up my insurance for this shit." Elaine fully stands up and dusts the glass off of her clothes. She reaches into the car and pulls out her purse. She rummages through it for awhile before pulling out a checkbook.

In a swift move she signs it and clicks the pen. "I totaled my car, your's looks like a fucking fender bender. How funny. 7, should be enough huh?" She asks. "Seven dollars? I'm sure it will be more than that." Aaran says tapping his chin.

"You aren't too bright are you Aaran? I meant seven thousand." Elaine corrects. "Oh.. yeah? I think? I'm no technician so I can't be sure. but I'm not too worried about the car. Are you sure you don't want me to take you to a hospital or.. I have some advil in my car... and some Vodka. Nothing?" Aaran asks. Elaine giggles. "I'd take the Vodka but I don't like drinking alone." She says. "Who said anything about drinking alone." Aaran smirks. "Can we get out of oncoming traffic before you hit on me?" Elaine asks while getting into her car and turning the engine back on.