Chapter 6 - Thoughts / Cursed

I've been visiting Y/n more recently. She hasn't been joining on facetime at night or visiting Jujutsu tech on the weekends. I wan't to ask her about it but I never do. Maybe she doesn't want to get to involved with my life. After what happened with Itadori I can't say that I blame her. She still seems happy to see me. Everytime I come in I'm greeted with a smile and a silly nickname. Nothing seems to be changing about her... mentally. But physically I've noticed a lot. Its causing me to think things.

She's toned up quiet a bit. Normally shes pretty stubby and soft. But her collar bone seems to be popping out a bit more. And her arms have picked up muscle. Maybe shes working out, I wondered what she was working out for, but whenever I think about her physical appearance my thoughts drift.

She really is so nice to look at.
Whenever she used to come over I would give her my bed to sleep in, and i'd find a place on the floor. But by morning the bed was always empty and she was clung to me. She lets her guard down so much around me. She's always so careless, and exposed. But I know she isn't always like this. She's honestly pretty reserved and on-alert. — but when shes with me...

I think she trusts me.

I think Ive been thinking too much.

Today when I walked in she was dressed a bit differently. Usually her outfits were quite casual. Ripped jeans, yoga pants, sometimes a pleated skirt. A worn crop top or a graphic t shirt, almost always a zip-up jacket overtop with black converse. Today she was in a tight top that was cut into a deep v, it wasn't cropped under her belly button like normally. It was cropped right under her chest. Her entire torso was out. With it she had on some brown clingy shorts. The hugged to every inch of her body and didn't even make it to her mid thigh. She still had on a black zip-up and converse.

I didn't know she had her belly button pierced.
I didn't know her chest was so much lighter than the rest of her body.
I didn't know she had stretch marks on the outskirts of her thighs.

It gave me all too much to think about.

When I was fully in the shop she shivered and zipped up her jacket, claiming I 'let in' the cold. "If your cold you should have worn more clothes." I pester. "I would but whenever I go home my clothes get all messed up so I just wear clothes I don't care about now." She says. "Why are your clothes getting messed up?" I ask. "I think theres a monster in my laundry room. My clothes are always just frayed and roughed up after I wash them. "Have you tried fabric softener?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Try that." I recommend. She smirks and laughs to herself.

The day progressed like normal we had conversations, ate the inventory, and had more conversation. "How do you even work here? Who's the owner?" I ask sporadically. It had honestly been on my mind for some time now, but I never got the chance to ask. "My mom, I told you she works. She's the CEO of Grow-marx." She admits. "The... chain of grocery stores?" I ask. "Yea, and I guess to make more money she scattered about 6 little quick shops like this one around surrounding districts.
This one is just kind of bullshit if i'm being honest. The other ones are run by actual employees. This is really just like a toy my mom gave me so I'd have some stability in my life. She knows its in the middle of nowhere and it gets no business. But it gives me something to do, so I'm grateful." She says.

"So you're the owner?" I ask.  "Yea I guess you can say that. I stock the place. I throw out the old stuff and replace it with the new stuff. I load and unload the cash register. I lock up and open the next morning. And my mom thanks me for all of the help and allows me to keep any profit I make. I think shes just preparing me to take over her business one day in the future. Thats what I'm going to college for." She says. I was so intrigued. Her whole life was mapped out. I don't even know whats going to become of me in the next year. Shes all over the place, but is oddly quite strategic. Full of surprises Y/n.

"What do you wanna do when you get out of highschool?" She asks. "I think I wanna be a teacher... like Gojo-Sensei." I admit, that has always been something I wanted to do, since I was young. As fucking annoying and conceited as he is. Gojo-Sensei taught me everything I know, he values life and treasures each moment. He does his best and he gives people something to look up to. I've always wanted to be that. "Thats so amazing. I could definitely see you guiding kids in the right path. Your so caring. She says, reaching out to hug me. Her intense amounts of physical touch always takes me off guard.

Her grip has gotten stronger.

-
"Hey Gumibear." Gojo calls out. "Don't call me that." Megumi snaps. "Sorry, Y/n said it, I thought it was cute." He says. "Yeah yeah, what do you want?" Megumi asks. Gojo's face stiffened a bit. "Its about Y/n... actually." Gojo says. "What about her?" Fushiguro asks, directing his attention fully onto the masked man. "Her house, you know where it is yeah?" He asks. "Her and Yuuji are from the same area right? Sendai?" Megumi says. "Yeah. I thought It was a pretty suburban area. Depending on where you were of course but Y/n's house is in the nicest part of the city. Quite a distance from here honestly. And yet multiple sorcerers say they can sense multiple curses, but also another sorcerer in the vicinity. Oddly enough the curse seems to be exorcized before they can pinpoint exactly where it is. This has been happening for some days now." Gojo says.

"What does that mean?" Megumi says. "A few things. I was able to pinpoint myself the origin of this aura. And it is in fact Y/n's home. Your reaction has ruled out a couple of ideas I'd been concurring. At first I assumed some low level curses had been lurking around her home and you went solo to handle them. But that can't be the case. Next I assumed she was the curse herself. But I would have sensed it, everyone would have when she was here. The two possible ideas left is that she is being stalked and targeted by a new curse every single day, which is the least likely because that means she's been beating them, or they've been leaving out of free will. Or we have another case of Yuta, and she has some cursed object in her home she holds dear to her. I assume thats the most likely possibility. But I mean you know her best. What do you think?" Gojo asks.

Megumi stood a bit silent. "Why does everyone I come in contact with have to be a curse." He says sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor. "Oh come on, I already said shes NOT a curse. There is like an 80% chance she is just a normal human being who's being targeted by random curses. It could have something to do with the fact that she came here. Do you think we have a scent or something? Maybe they could sense Sukuna on her from Yuuji. Theres tons of different causes and possibilities. Don't get upset about it. Even if she is a curse... we probably won't have to kill her." Gojo says. Megumi didn't say anything. He just rested his face in his hands and shook his head.

"I don't want to do this. I don't want to investigate her or anything. She's innocent until proven guilty. If someone turns up dead or missing. Then do what you feel is necessary. Until then leave her alone, maybe she'll come to us first. I don't want to throw her into this blinded like we did with Itadori. Don't put her in that weird cave tied to a chair. Let her go to school. Let her live her life. She shouldn't be burdened with this. She actually has a future." Megumi says.

Gojo takes a deep breath and crouches over to meet Megumi who was still on the floor. "I will respect your wishes. But who's to say she won't be the one thats dead or turns up missing. But she seems like a tough little thing, so I will trust you and believe she will come clean in due time.. before that happens." Gojo says before standing back up and slowly walking off. "Go to bed, Its late." He calls out as he continues down the hall. Megumi noticed he said 'before that happens' as if its inevitable. As if its going to happen one way or the other.