Chapter 10: The Last Straw

🌺[imma make Kylo Ren my wife in the sims 😈]🌺

WARNINGS: PAPER CUTS, BLOOD, BULLYING

✨🤍✨

Today was like any other day in DADA, quiet. Unlike in your time, they don't provide much in defense. It was mostly reading and not practicing. Not many spells were used in class. Boy were you glad you studied a few years ahead back in your time.

The professor for this class decided to dip, boy were you jealous. They left for personal reasons which lead the class to silently study. Though you and your classmates did the opposite. You were stuck in your sketchbook, as you normally were in this class. You weren't doodling much, a few cats on skateboards, a weenie dog on roller skates, and a bunch of little ghosts. You smiled at your little drawings.

As you continued someone had looked over at the right time to see you smile. She smirked when she noticed the sketch book, thinking it was a diary. For you, it technically was. Karen quickly stood up and made her way over to you. You didn't notice until the class went silent. You looked up just as she stopped right in front of you. With her crusty ass hands she quickly snatched the book giving you a long papercut. You hissed pulling your pointer finger to your chest to quickly see the cut.

You watched some of the blood trickle down your finger so you covered it with your sleeve. Applying pressure to ease the cringy pain. You then looked up. "Aww, look at your little doodles, so cute." You glared at her. "Hand it back, Karen" you growled.

"No, I don't think I will. I'd like to see what Mud-Bloods like to draw." your eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not a mud-blood, now hand it back." Karen just scoffs. She throws it towards her goons. They caught it and started flipping through the pages. You stood up to walk over and grab it back but Karen stood in front of you. "I heard you can't try and hurt anyone or else you'd get expelled. So go on, try to pass me." All the students around you just watched. The two holding your book finally stopped at a page you were dreading them to find.

"Omg! What a creep!" Terry shouted as she held the page of Tom up for everyone to see. "Tom, did you know about her doing this? Now you will never get the chance to be with him." Your heart was thumping in your chest. The embarrassment taking over your body and freezing you in place. This was torture.

You heard Tom sigh from behind you. Right, he sat behind you in this class, you had forgotten. He passed you and Karen in the desk aisle. He walked over to Terry, she looked up at him and smiled as if she would be praised. He yanked the sketchbook away from her. "I gave her permission to sketch me. She needed help on references so I offered my help. What you three had doing is considered bullying, I'm afraid I'm going to be reporting you to the headmaster."

Almost as if he knew Prof. Slughorn would walk in on the right moment, he did this. "Wow, amazing Mr. Riddle, standing up for your fellow classmates. All of you should take this as an example. Now, I need you five to head to the headmasters office, Riddle please be the one to explain." Tom nodded.

Tom walked up to you gently pushing you to the door. The three girls had to follow behind in silence. Tom was calm as he walked, you would bet he was feeling amazing over his little act of bravery. You still felt terrible, but Tom standing up for you eased some of the pain from the embarrassment.

✨🤍✨

"Thank you Tom for explaining this whole situation. You three are a mere inch from being kicked out of this school. This is going to be the last time of giving you a suspension. And on top of that I will be giving you three detention for the rest of the school year. And you'll serve it with Professor McGonagal. Each day! Your behaviors better improve or you will not be graduating. Now, when you all leave I will be reporting to your parents. Now leave, 4th class is about to begin. Tom, Y/n, please stay for a moment." You both nodded as you waited for the mean girls to leave.

"Miss Reynolds, I would like to apologize for all of this. This seems to happen a lot with students, I even learned it's your group of friends who get targeted by them. So I promise this will not happen again." You smiled, "it's alright headmaster. There's no need to apologize. Thank you."

[Yes your last name is Reynolds, if you read the Tangled AU then you know why it is.]

"Of course. Now Tom, I know you're with Miss Reynolds most of the day, so I would like to kindly ask you to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again. I would appreciate it." Tom nods. "Of course headmaster."

"Alright you both are now dismissed."

✨🤍✨

" I did not know your last name until now." Tom said as you both walked to the DADA room. "Really? I thought I would have known by now." He shook his head. "No, but it does sound like a muggle name." you shrugged. "I mean it is. It's my fathers name."

"Your father was a muggle?" you nodded. "And my mother was a pureblood. Quite the combo right?" He hums in response. Not looking at you. You knew he was thinking about his own parents. You're both the same.

"Welp, thank you for standing up for me Tom. You really didn't have to but you did. Even if it was just for your rep, it still means a bunch to me." You thanked him before rushing into the classroom to grab the rest of your stuff. Thanking Slughorn for watching your stuff.

✨🤍✨

You sat on your bed Serenity and Diana across from you on serenity's bed. You recounted the day's events to them.

"I'm going to murder them!" You sighed at Serenity. "Please don't, I don't want my roommate in Azkaban Prison." She rolled her eyes. "It would be worth it. At least they have one more strike before getting expelled."

"Don't try to expel them either. Don't forget their family is rich and famous as hell. Also I think you'd be more surprised if I told you Tom was the one who stood up for me."

"What?!" Serenity and Diana shouted. Your eyebrow quivered at Diana's shout, you were not expecting anything from her. But you quickly shook the thought off. "Yeah he did."

"Huh, he's been getting really close to you. I know you said you don't have a crush but I'm starting to think something is up with you two..." Serenity said. Diana was looking uncomfortable but she evidently agreed with her.

"Nahhh, we just besties man. He doesn't know it but we are." Serenity rolled her eyes at you. "Yeah sure. I'll take your word for it, for now."

✨🤍✨