Chapter 12 - The Debate Begins

[Shuichi]: Before we begin, I'd like to thank everyone for accepting our invitation. We wouldn't want to conduct this trial unless enough people showed up, since finding clues is done more easily that way. But don't feel pressured to say anything and say what you think might be useful, as forcing it might derail our investigation. Kyoko? 

[Kyoko]: Yes, thank you, Shuichi. I'd only like it to make it clear that we were not compelled by anyone to conduct this trial and, in so far as that can be the case, it's our own undertaking that we decided to follow through with in hope of the aforementioned aid with which it might supply our investigation. That's it for me.

[Fuyuhiko]: So we're searching for clues to find out who committed the arson?

[Kyoko]: We haven't ascertained yet whether this was caused by anyone, although the investigation does seem to point to that-

[Mondo]: Someone wanted to cook us all alive, then? What a scum! Whichever one of you did it, I WILL KILL YOU ONCE THIS SHIT ENDS!

[Mikan]: Why do you think it must've b-been one of u-us?

[Mondo]: Shit's obvious. All of the teachers are too cowardly to do anything like that.

[Kiyotaka]: Yes, I'll have to agree. None of our teachers would ever dare to set up such a malicious plan against us!

[Kazuichi]: Look who's talking: an Ultimate Teacher's Pet. 

[Kiyotaka]: That was a very unnecessary comment on your part. Please, apologise! 

[Kazuichi]: So anyway...

[Chiaki]: How are we going to start this? Are there any questions that you've written down? 

[Shuichi]: Not exactly, but we'd like to start by ascertaining when the fire actually started.

[Kaito]: Isn't that kind of obvious? It started during our break – did it not? 

[Akane]: What if the fire took time to spread and stuff? I don't know how it all works, but that's my gut feeling right now.

[Gonta]: Gonta agree. Maybe fire wait and then attack. 

[Junko]: This is embarrassing. Why did I even agree to come here? 

[Teruteru]: Well, well, if this place is not to your liking, Madame, I'd like to invite you over to my dorm for guaranteed excitement. 

[Mukuro]: Didn't I tell you to sod off before? 

[Teruteru]: To find the right one, I have to be persistent~

[K1-B0]: I don't think that the fire could've stayed in one place for a long time without anyone noticing. Smoke detectors would've turned on as well.

[Byakuya]: I'm truly surprised that a sophisticated machine like you so quickly forgot about the fact that the smoke detectors never turned on during that horrific spectacle. Nothing, outside of ourselves, made indication of a fire.