Chapter 13 - No Answers

At last, the debate resumed.

[Nekomaru]: Seriously, how much longer is this going to last? The toilet break was too short. 

[Tenko]: As always, the degenerate cannot keep some things to himself.

[Kaito]: This looks awful already, but what will we discuss now? Shuichi? 

[Shuichi]: It would be preferable to start by clearing Kazuichi of suspicion, since I'm not convinced that he could've been the one responsible. 

[Celestia]: What strange certainty you hold within yourself. Will you tell us why? 

[Shuichi]: The several camera audio and video recordings that we managed to retrieve acquit Kazuichi, since it is very likely that someone sneaked into his lab to take that can. 

[Byakuya]: I assume that you're so certain because the camera caught the culprit red-handed, yes? 

[Shuichi]: No, I base my case on the audio that the camera's microphone caught, since Kazuichi's lab was not covered by the camera's lens. 

[Korekiyo]: So you intend to acquit him based on an audio recording? What an adventurous endeavour.

[Shuichi]: Korekiyo, how long does it take you to unlock the doors to your lab. 

[Korekiyo]: Not very long, but where are you going with this? 

[Shuichi]: I'm asking for reference. Whoever accessed Kazuichi's lab back then took a long time trying to get in, the sound of the door unlocking being audible after a few minutes. 

[K1-B0]: I don't think your argument is convincing, Shuichi...

[Shuichi]: There's something else. The intruder also accessed Miu's lab in a similar manner, although the door evidently took much longer to open, and, as I suspect, they began to disable cameras one by one afterwards. 

[Chiaki]: What makes you think that someone had to disable them? 

[Shuichi]: We've confirmed with the headmaster that the cameras worked all the time, we even have footage of the whole last week to prove that such interruptions do not happen. Therefore, for all of them to be so quickly disabled, someone had to turn them off manually or do something else. Nevertheless, in both cases, the person responsible would have to be quite knowledgeable about these matters. While I do not doubt Kazuichi's mechanical skills, I think that disabling these cameras so effortlessly is beyond his competence. 

[Kazuichi]: Should I be grateful or offended? 

[Byakuya]: And which ultimate possesses the skills and knowledge that would allow them to do this? 

[Hifumi]: Is this one of those rhetorical questions. 

[Miu]: I know what you're thinking, rich kid, but I have better things to do than burning the entire school.