Chapter # 1

(name) was anything but clueless, and she was very aware of that.

She looked around the room and her eyes landed on the younger brother, at least the youngest among the brothers.

He looks more uncomfortable than usual during meetings.

Everyone's eyes were glued to her and some of the members even whispered among themselves.

Pretending she can't hear them, she turns her gaze to the leader of the clan; her uncle.
"Did I do something that didn't live up to your expectations again?" She voices her concern, her voice was rigged but authoritative.

"(Name), nothing that you did," Uncle's deep voice muttered, "We as in me and the rest of the clan ---including your father--- has a proposal for you."

"A proposal?"

"Yes, a proposal"

"As in a wedding proposal." The oldest among the siblings spoke.

"Really?" Her brow grated in confusion.
"After the disaster that was caused by you all those years ago, we think we should take a step forward and find you a match," her father said.

"A match? Seriously this is stupid. This meeting is stupid." She was about to stand from her seat.

"(Name), you've come of age and it is our responsibility to make sure you are married---"

"And I said this last time, Uncle, I don't want to do anything with marriage right now."

"Were you not the one who was so excited when you brought home that traitorous rat from France?" He chewed the last part with venom.

"That was one time---"

"---He killed him and almost killed the whole clan because you were too naive to see what your elders were trying to tell you, (name)" he composed himself, "and it's traditional for a woman in our clan to marry at your age, doesn't matter if you are the strongest here," he looked her straight in the eyes, " you also need to learn to move on."

(Name) almost wanted to laugh at her Uncle. This was all nothing but the act of idiocy from desperate higher-ups.

But even if she doesn't want it, she can certainly entertain herself.

"You know what? I'll consider it."

There were two types of reaction around the table, one of her brothers who were expecting her to say no to the arrangement and the other being her uncle and father, who looked very delighted.

"I'll take my leave,"

"But aren't you gonna ask who your fiance is---"

"No." And she left.

                         (------------------------)

"(Name)!" Her best and only friend yelled from another side of the room.

"Hey, Arshi," she smiled.

"How was the meeting? Sorry I wasn't there. I had a mission at the last minute," she stopped as if she remembered anything, "you little minx! You didn't tell me you were engaged?!"

"Excuse me?"

"Your Mother just met me on my way to your room and she was twinkling with joy," her eyes were filled with mischief, "turns out you have been engaged!"

Arshi hugged her, "I'm so glad you are finally given up."

(Name) rolled her eyes but hugged her nonetheless.

"Did she tell you anything else?"

"She gave me this parcel for you but it's already open," before (name) could take it from her, the energetic cousin pulled out the contents.

"Oh damn," were the only words she could muster.

"What is it?"

"A photo of a man,"

"A man? Show me," that's where Arshi decided to run just to annoy (name).

"Arshi?!" (Name) ran after her.

"Hey, (name)! I think it's your dear future husband!" She laughed breathlessly as (name) chased her all over the house.

"What?!"

"I didn't know you were this excited to see him!"

"You know what, Arshi? I'm done" she stopped chasing after her cousin and was standing with her arms crossed.

Arshi giggled maniacally, "Not gonna lie, he is hot,"

"You can keep the photo I don't want it,"

"Awww, don't be like this, (name), what would your dear husband think if he sees you now?" Arshi cautiously reached her.

"do I give a shit? No."

"Come on, I know you do give some shits as you are the one who agreed to this arrangement." Arshi was right and (name) narrowed her eyes.

Soon, Arshi was thrown to the other side of the room by her dear friend and planted her face on the cement wall.

"That's what you get for making me run all around the house."

(Name) gracefully walked away, leaving Arshi and the photo of the white-haired man behind.

Author's note:
Hello! Peeps, a decade later I'm finally writing a new fic and plan to finish it as well. Btw it's gonna be a short story so buckle up.