Chapter # 8

If anything happens to (name), Arshi is the first one to make an observation even before the said girl's parents and that ability comes from living with her for as long as Arshi could remember.

Even a slight change in (name)'s behavior is always noticed by her, and now Arshi knows something is not right as she gazed at her best friend playing with food on her plate.

"Hey, (nickname), you done with your paperwork?"

(Name) looked surprised, "ah no, but---"

"Don't worry, (name) I am done with the work I was given. I'll help you today"

"You don't have to do that,"

Arshi slightly whispered, "Silly, I know uncle gives you more work than me. You've been cooped up in this room for too long, Besides you look like you need a break, just hand me the leftover work and go outside and take your fiance."

(Name) shook her head, "no need for that, I'll do it myself, but thanks for bringing me lunch."

"Has Gojo visited you today?"

(Name) tried dismissing her, "no,"

Arshi rubbed her chin, "that is surprising, normally he would do anything to spend time beside you."

"Arshi, you don't have to bring him up every time we talk,"

Arshi quirked a brow, "you used to do the same remember?"

Arshi never brings up or even mentions his name, (name) knows that is not because she hates him, it's just brought up so many memories, pleasant memories the ones they hope weren't just memories.

"Yeah, I remember." (Name) smiles. "You used to hate how much I teased you."

Arshi's smile suddenly dissolved as she looked at her friend's conflicted expression, "I wish for you to be happy as much I was when he was alive, or maybe even more."

"I know," Arshi gently petted her cheeks.
"(Name), what happened that day was not your fault."

(Name) at this moment wanted to laugh at how naive her friend was or maybe she loves her too much to see her fault.

"Was it? Everyone believes otherwise."

"(Name), just drop it." After a moment of silence, Arshi spoke, "did something happen between you and Gojo?"

(Name) didn't speak, but Arshi did, "so something did happen."

Arshi walked up to her friend, She stands beside her, "what happened?"

She has her arms wrapped around her and her weight shifted to one foot.

"Arshi..." (Name) rubbed her tired eyes, "I think I did something that I should not have and offended him, now he is ignoring me."

"I observed that much," Arshi gently petted her head, "you are scared to approach him?"

"No, I---" (name) fell silent.

"I understand, (name)." (Name) hugged her torso as she was still sitting, "are you worried about him not talking to you?"

"A little, yeah we are supposed to get married." (Name) chuckled, "it will be an awkward wedding if we never spoke."

"Yeah, sure it'll be awkward." Arshi gently rubs her back, "You know what (name) I'll do you a huge favor and provide his
whereabouts so you don't look like an idiot. Go and talk to him and don't forget to repent for your wrong conduct."

"I don't know if I am cut out for this,"

"Don't worry you'll do great, just go and tell him how much you love him."