Chapter # 33

(Name), accompanied by Nanami and Arshi, strolled into a hotel's lobby.

"Are you sure you wanna stay here for now?" Nanami asked, he would have asked to share his apartment but that was impossible. He was supposed to be on house arrest and now if he went back, the punishment will be severe. So, concluded on staying at his office in Jujutsu high as every teacher was given an attached room as well.

"Don't worry, Nanami." (Name) spoke, as she has already booked the room online and had made the transaction in advance. "We'll be alright here, this place is well protected you see."

"But if you need anything, do contact me. I'll be at Jujutsu tech from now."

(Name) handed the room card to Arshi, "I'll be sure to and Nanami," (Name) enveloped the blonde man into a hug, catching him by surprise, "thank you for everything, if it wasn't for you, Arshi wouldn't be here." She let go of him, smiling widely.

"No problem, (Name), just tell Arshi to not go around getting kidnapped again, it was rather difficult rescuing her once." His voice was monotonous, (Name) raised a brow.

"Well, tell her that yourself,"

"(Name), where are you going?" Arshi asked, following behind her.

"Going to check the surrounding area of the hotel, it doesn't hurt to be too cautious," She stopped in her track, "oh, I almost forget," (Name) took off the baggage she has strapped around her shoulders, "here is your axe, I know must have missed it."

"Thanks, (Name)."

"If you wanna thank someone; thank Nanami." She waved at them both, exiting the lobby with her hands in her pockets.

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes?"
"Great! Let's check the dining hall, I heard the servers talking, they are serving BBQ today."

Arshi flings the baggage holding her treasured axe over her shoulder. Nanami didn't know how someone can be so enthusiastic over BBQ after literally being kept imprisoned for days. But he wasn't complaining, after all, it's been hours since he ate.

(Name) was standing on the roof of a building, gazing at the humans who looked very small from her perspective. It was a lively night, the normal folks were going about their lives, without a worry of impending doom. But they were not aware of that or any of the strains among powerful families and distresses of outsiders in sorcerer world. (Name) wondered if she was a normal human and was never born in the (Last Name) Clan. Just an average woman, with an average lifestyle. No exorcising curses daily, not fretting over any of the issues she has right now.

She'll be free. (Name) shook her head furiously, "what the hell am I thinking about?" If she was normal, she would've never made connections as she has throughout her entire life, and killing curses was also an enjoyable activity at times... And she would have never met Satoru, getting married to him was a whole other story.
(Name) concluded, she would rather be born as a Sorcerer.

A gust of the cold wind threw her out of her reverie. The night was certainly cold and standing on top of a building was certainly not helping. She shivered slightly, her hair blowing in the wind. She can already imagine her hair becoming a bird's nest soon. The bird's nest that Satoru seemed to adore so much, telling her that the messy hair suits her well. But (Name) disagreed, telling him it makes her look like a cavewoman. He'll follow with a reply such as she might look like a cave woman but a gorgeous one.

(Name) gaze shifted to the moon, it wasn't giving as much of a view as the back gardens in the manor back home due to excessive lights of the city, but it was still pretty in her opinion. The glow of the moon reminded her of Satoru's white hair, in the beginning, she has been convinced he dyed his hair on daily basis, but the doubt was thrown into the bin when she saw his eyelashes. They have been just as white as his hair, who in their right mind will dye their lashes?

She sighed, "(Name), you need to stop thinking about him, it's not doing you any good at the moment."

Arshi heard the window close, she knew it was her friend.

"Arshi, are you asleep?" She turned to face (Name), drawing the comforter closer.

"No, I'm awake." (Name) hummed, taking off the sweater she has been wearing that was too big for her. Arshi concluded that it must belong to her husband, "you missed the dinner."

"Yeah, I was busy." 

"How long has it been since you ate?"

(Name) looked thoughtful, "don't tell me you don't remember."

"I do remember, but I'm afraid you'll scold me for it."

Arshia scoffed, "since when have you been scared of my scoldings?"

"Since the day you started acting as my mother."

Arshia didn't answer, reckoning (Name) right on her belief, she did like to baby her since they were young as she felt like it was an unofficial job given to her.
"Are you gonna tell me or not?"

"Tell you what?"

"What was the last time you ate?"

"Probably, last night."

"Last night?!" Arshi exclaimed, "(Name), I was the one being held captive and they still provided me with soggy bread and runny soup. Why can't you be more careful about your health?!" (Name) covered her ears, muffling out most of her scoldings.

"Where are you going?"

"Going to take a bath."

(Name) was surprised to see Arshi wide awake, sitting by the window even after she took her time in the bath.
"Why are you still awake?"

"I ordered you something to eat, it'll be here in a few minutes." Her voice was plain and stiff.

"Thank you." She spoke, sincerity dripping from her gesture.

"Don't mention it."

(Name) went to sit by her side, they set there in comfortable silence. Finally, (Name) decided to break it, "Arshi, there is something I need to tell you."

The said girl looked over at her, "yes?"

(Name) cursed, what she has been thinking since starting that conversation, her friend just got out of prison and it was selfish of (Name) to drop her burdens on Arshi, "(Name), what is it, tell me?"

"Nothing, just rest for now, we'll talk in the morning."

Arshi was quizzical, she wanted to ask but refrained. She looked out of the glass window, it was dark outside but the morning was not far ahead.