Chapter # 12

After he left, life for (Name) fell in her previous routine: waking, working, exorcising curses, and making sure Arshi is out of harm's way.

However, a new activity was added to her routine, that is texting her fiance or daydreaming about him. (Name) was sure after he leaves, she'll no longer feel an ache in her chest--- the one she felt every time he was near her--- the ache was still there, but this time it ached to be with his side.

He over the months made sure he was keeping the newfound proximity even when they were separated by miles of distance.
It was one of the days for (name) when she was given extra work.

A knock echoed through her study, "come in."
The broad figure of her uncle entered the room, "I have something to talk to you about."

"Okay, but I'm a bit busy." She motioned towards her piles of papers scattered across the table.

"I'll take only a moment, (name)." He set himself on the plush couch, his walking cane tightly held in his one hand.

"Yes?"

"Your wedding date has been fixed."

"Oh?"

"Yes, and you'll be leaving for Japan in a day or so. Arshi will join you."

"You didn't tell me the date?" She asked, as her eyes were looking at everything but her uncle.

"A week from now."

"Just a week?"

"Aye, you are excepted to go to Japan and get used to your life that is to come in the future." He stood and walked out.

She watched him leave, and as the door closed her figure slumped on her working chair.

Somehow, the thought of getting married to Satoru didn't sound repulsive. Instead, she felt were the butterflies in her stomach. She rubbed her abdomen, "maybe, I'm just hungry."

(--------------------------)

The next day, (Name) and Arshi boarded a flight to Japan.

"I can't believe we're going there together this time round! Last time you did not take me with you." Arshi was grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah, it wasn't thrilling the last time I was here."

"But now you are getting married! It is thrilling."

"Arshi, can I say something?" (Name) tentatively asked.

"What?"

"You always tell me to chase my happiness, but you never chase yours?"

Arshi's eyes turned to the clouds outside the window.

"I don't know how after him."

"I understand, but at least try, yeah?"

Arshi smiles, "I'll make an effort."

(----------------------------)

(Name) was looking for a familiar mop of grey hair in the crowd of people.

Soon enough she saw him in the distance, talking with someone on the phone.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there. I have a task right now but don't worry I'll try to be on time." She silently approached him.

He, as always didn't sense her. she placed a hand over his shoulder.

He turned to face her, "hey, I'll talk to you later." She yelped in surprise as the man threw his arms around her.

"What are you doing here?!" He chuckled, "I thought I was here to pick up my mother's friend."

(Name) buried her face in his chest, she missed his warmth, "I wanted to surprise you."

"I am certainly surprised." He pulled back just to drop a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"Ahm, guys, you are forgetting me?" Arshi without a warning pulled both of them in a hug.

"Hello, Arshi."

"Arshi, let go."

"Alright, whatever." She broke the hug, and (name) was finally allowed to breathe.

"Let's go, wifey, no wonder my parents were so excited to see this friend of theirs."

"I can't wait to explore Tokyo." Arshi dragged her luggage with her as Gojo being a gentleman took his fiance's.

(------------------------------)

A car stopped in front of a very modern-looking house, "is this your house?" Arshi asked.

"No, it's my parent's house." He lead them inside, "I don't live here,"

His mother and father have been waiting for them outside the doorway. After a casual chat with his parents, the girls were led to their rooms respectively.

The room (name) was given was smaller in comparison to her room back home, but it was cozy; with wooden flooring and nice cream-colored curtains.

"If you need anything just ask my mother or a servant." He smirked, "but if you need anything specific, I will be in the room next to yours. Don't be shy just ask." He slightly pulled down his glasses to wink at her.

(Name) couldn't help but snicker, "I'll be sure to tell your mother or a servant."

After a moment of silence, (name) spoke, "do you know about our wedding date?"

"Yeah, I know. But I was never told you will be coming a week before the wedding." He gently caressed her hair, "I can't wait for this week to end. I'll be able to finally have you all to myself." His voice tickled the shell of her ear and the feeling cultivated a warmth through her being.

She closed her eyes, savoring his nearness, "I need to go now, but I'll be sure to be back for dinner.

"Is this something important?"

"Yeah, one of my students was out looking for a cursed object. I gotta check on him before he finds himself in the trouble that might be too much for him to handle." He smiled.

"Okay, take care."

"I will."

(---------------------------)

After fighting the curse Ryomen Sukuna, Gojo has been busy; talking to the higher-ups to not kill Yuji has been more difficult and time-consuming than he thought it'll be.

So, naturally, he has forgotten about the dinner plan at his parent's house with the guests.

After everything has been taken care of, it was already the next day.

He concluded that she'll be mad at him for not keeping his word.

"Hey, (name)." He saw her reading a book in the corner

"Oh, you are here." He excepted her to be angry but to his surprise, she smiled, "you are finally home."

"Yeah," he takes a seat at her side, "sorry I couldn't be here for dinner." He rubbed his neck, feeling guilt overwhelming him.

"It's okay, I heard what happened." She placed her hand over his, "you did not do anything wrong so don't apologize."

"You are seriously amazing, (Name)" he laced his fingers through hers.

Her smile widened at his words, "I know,"