Chapter # 31

Naoya took a sharp breath, and (Name) knee collided with his ribs, breaking a few in the process. the blade he has been holding dropped to the ground, and (Name) stepped back, letting his figure fall to his knees.
Maki glanced at her, her gaze shifting to the injured man on the ground.

"You don't have any pride for a sorcerer, Naoya. How ironic. You can't bear a weaker being defeating you."

"I'm gonna kill you both." His raspy voice murmured.

"Yeah, of course." (Name) shook her head, "Maki, I think we should leave."

The crowd of sorcerers and servants were looking at them we newfound fear and awe in their gazes. (Name) didn't want to stand in Zenin's residence even a minute more than she already has.
Maki's phone rang, "oh, Shoko has taken Mai to her apartment that was closer to our current location."

"We should head there,"

"(Name), how come you are not answering Nanami's calls?" Shoko was making tea in the kitchen as (Name) was sitting on the stool by the kitchen island.

"Well, I lost my phone during Shibuya. And after that, I haven't been on the same place twice or had any time to buy a new smartphone." 

"You should contact him, he called me and asked where have you been. He sounded a bit anxious, a little out of his essence, if I might say." Shoko poured them both tea.

"Isn't he on house arrest?"

"He is, he has been on house arrest since he was said to be an accomplice of Gojo but due to the lack of evidence in favor of that, he only got a month of house arrest." (Name) listened to Shoko, taking sips of her tea.

"I'm also said to be captured and deported at the sight."

"But the higher-ups don't have enough manpower or guts to arrest you on spot."

"What can I say? Perks of being strong and all." (Name) stretched, and Shoko fell silent, stirring her tea.

(Name) noticed her lack of response, "Shoko, are you---"

"Oh, I'm fine. It's just you reminded of certain someone." Shoko smiled, "you two are so alike but so different."

A little smile graced (Name)'s lips, "we get that a lot."

"I can tell. your parallels are what brought you together and variations are what kept you."

"It was honestly just him who made the effort to bring us together." The memory of their first meeting circled her mind, and how upset she has been that day.

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"Shoko, can you tell me about Suguru Geto?" Shoko fell silent at the mention of that name, "I assume you know him because you were Satoru's classmate."

Shoko brought her hands to rub her tired temples, "yes, I know him."

(Name) looked expectantly at her, waiting for her to continue, "he was Gojo's best friend. Suguru Geto was an exceptional sorcerer and his heart filled with compassion for non-sorcerers. But then something happened, he changed."

"What do you mean changed?"

"His once heart that was filled with compassion was nothing but a hollow hole. He wanted to end all non-sorcerers. It took Gojo nine years to finally put a stop to his schemes."

Shoko has been there, she met Geto before his demise and had a cup of tea with him. Geto was never violent towards her, as he knew that he meant to her just as much as Gojo did. He knew Shoko will never sell him out to Gojo.
"Was he just as strong as Satoru?"