Chapter # 22

Author's note:
Hello! How are you, people?
This chapter will follow Nanami and Arshia.

Outside the curtain, Nanami and Arshi have found several injured and dead bodies of the assistant managers, including Ijichi Kiyotakka, the man survived but was severely injured.

"So, how long have you been doing sorcery gig?" Arshi asked, trying to make the atmosphere a bit lighter by making small talk with a very serious man.

He didn't answer.

"Well for me, I've been around sorcerers as long as I can remember, even when I was a wee little lass." She said, "(Name) and I have always been friends tho I am a couple of years older."

That surprised him, he wasn't the one to judge someone by their age but (Name) seemed like the mature one of the duo.

"Am I annoying you with my constant chatter? I apologize if I am." After some moments she said, "well I tend to talk a lot when I am nervous, not that you make me nervous, it's just the whole situation! How can they so ruthlessly kill all these innocent people!" She waved her arms around, "I'm also worried for (Name)'s well-being as well. Even though she puts a tough front most of the time, I know Satoru being sealed has affected her more than anyone." She fell silent.

"I understand," he answered.

"I know you'll understand!" She exclaimed.
"You need not worry, (Name) is strong and so are all the others, including you." He didn't get an answer. he looked behind, but she wasn't there.

"Where did she go?"

"Hey you!" Arshi yelled at the blond boy with marks on his cheeks, "get your hands off the lady!"

"Oh, you are not wearing a black suit, but it'll be fun killing you."

"No, you are not killing anyone, and also did your mother not tell you how to tie hair? Because that's one hella ugly hairstyle." She pointed at his up front to the side ponytail.

"How dare you?!" His eyes narrowed in anger.

"Did I hit a nerve? This is certified mother-less behaviour,"

"I'm gonna kill you!"

"Kill this, kill that, do all generic bad guys not know anything but to kill?" She tossed her axe from one hand to another.

"What is going on here?" Nanami appeared on her side.

"Look at this, another sorcerer without a black suit." The boy pointed his sword at them, "you can't hurt me, I've got this woman hostage---" he pointed at the empty ground, "where did she go?!"

"Make a lucky guess who is gonna be beaten like shit they are?" Arshi said, "if you guess correctly maybe we will let you live."

"NO, YOU WILL NOT CATCH ME!!!" He ran or rather tried to run as he slammed into a wall or rather Nanami's chest.

He stumbled back, falling on his butt.
"Where are how many of you are there?"

"Dunno---" Nanami's fist graced his face and he was thrown back a few feet away.

Arshi was surprised the boy was still alive. As Nanami got busy with beating him up, Arshi came to Kugisaki's aid, "Are you okay?" She inspected her wounds.

"I'm fine but Nitta was injured severely, you gotta found her."

"Of course."

"I asked where and how many of you are there?" Nanami grabbed his head making him wince in pain.

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW---" he was slammed into the nearest wall soon followed by a punch to his guts that shattered the wall entirely. The stream of blood splattered all over his face.

"Hey, don't get in my way!" He yelled, looking at Nobara who has trapped his sword with a nail.

"Good going, Kugisaki!"

"On our way here..." Nanamin started, his views stoic and cold, his hand curling around the throat of the blonde, "we ran into several dead bodies of assistant managers. It was you, correct?"

"I'M SORRY!" He exclaimed not sorry at all apparent from a grin on nasty grin on his face.

Nanami was not in the mood to play games, he punched again, shattering some more walls with the impact.

'Why is he still alive?' Arshi thought, 'Nanami's not holding back but the guy is still alive. Is he using...'

"Wait of course he is!" She exclaimed.

"What is it?" Kugisaki asked.

"He is most likely using some cursed technique!" She walked up to Nanami, "would you take a side?"

He nodded and gave her some space, "this is gonna hurt like hell." She held her axe over her head, swinging it down, chopping off his arm.

He screamed in agony, "is it burning as well, is it not?"

"YOU WHAT DID YOU DO!?!"

"I didn't do anything, I just figured out your curse technique." She without hesitation chopped an ankle, "it helps you heal does it not?"

"STOP!!! PLEASE STOP!!!"

"Tell me about your colleagues and their whereabouts, and maybe I will consider stopping." His voice broke as he screamed more.

"Aw, can't heal yourself?" She placed the axe on his other ankle, "or it hurts too much to do so?" She moved the axe to his throat and he stopped screaming, "you are a smart boy are you not? You do value your life, right?" He kept silent only occasional whimpers leaving his mouth.

"I don't know." He answered.

"Who recruited you?"

"IT WAS MAHITO! PLEASE MAKE THIS PAIN STOP!!!"

"Who is Mahito?"

"He is the curse with the patchy face."

"There, there, that wasn't difficult was it?" She stood up and turned to Nanami, "I don't think he knows more than that."

"What did you do?"

"Oh, that was part of my curse technique. I can momentarily block anyone from using curse techniques but also cause intense pain if they try using it."

"That's very useful."

"I know,"

"We forgot about Nitta!"

"It seems like you didn't know about the situation with Gojo?" Arshi asked, helping the woman with short blonde hair with her injuries.

"No, we didn't get the news as we were already inside the curtain."

"What about Gojo---"

"Don't worry, he has been recovered by (Name)."

"Phew, I can't believe I'm saying this but it's a relief." Kugisaki lets out a relieved breath.

"I agree."

"The two of you please wait here for rescue," Nanami stands from his kneeling position, "Me and Arshia are joining the Zenin group in B5S."

"Me too---" Kugisaki started.

"No, you have to be at least a grade 1 sorcerer for upcoming fights," Nanami countered, "you'd only get in the way. Wait here."

"What he means to say is that it's going to be difficult from here, he doesn't want you getting hurt so please stay out of this from here on." Arshi illustrated.

"Oh,"

"Here take this." She pulled a couple of lollipops from her pockets, "it'll keep you occupied."

"Thanks?"

"Don't mention it." She smiled.