Chapter # 20

(Manga spoilers ahead!)

It's been a few minutes since (Name) started her chore of breaking the curtain, she has only succeeded in making a hole the size of a pet door.

"Aha!" She handed the weapon back to her friend.

"Are you sure that hole is big enough to fit a human?" Nanami, who has been observing her, said.

"Barely, but I'll make it work." She faced Arshi, "you are staying here with Nanami's unit keeping watch."

"But---"

"---It's an order. You are only allowed to interfere if things get out of hand, got it?"
"Yes, (Name)." (Name)'s stern glare reached Nanami.

"Take care, Nanami. And Arshi as long as you are with him," she pointed at Nanami, "follow his orders and you can't make him undo the order I gave you." Arshi rolled her eyes, (Name) has surely gotten more bossy.
(Name) brushed her hair back and stilled herself. She moved her feet abruptly, sprinting towards the hole.
She jumped and twisted and shrunk her body.

"DID SHE JUST DO THAT?! OMG!" She heard the boy with a beanie yell after her.

(-------------------------)

(Name)'s palms collided with the solid ground, she gracefully flipped herself to her feet.

The inside of the curtain was calm for the most part, there were no curses in the sight, just humans.

"HEY! LOOK THAT WOMAN CAME INSIDE FROM THAT HOLE!!!" A random civilian yelled.

She looked back through the hole she has entered, it has already shrunk to the size of a basketball.

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Are you here to help us?" A young lady asked.

"Yes, I am here to help." (Name) assured her, petting her shoulder, smiling, "don't worry. Have any of you seen a man? This tall, white hair and wearing a blindfold."

"Yeah, he went down to the subway."

"Thanks, and Everyone don't panic but do find a safe place!" She ran down to the subway.

Down in the subway, (Name) faced another issue, one more curtain she can't penetrate, "Are you kidding right now?" She wanted to punch the curtain but knew it will not do anything.

"They are trying to keep me and the rest of the sorcerers out of this place for a reason." She observed her surroundings, "Satoru is inside," her gut wrenches, a fear crawling in her, "No, he will be okay, I know it. He is strong, he can get through this without anyone's help." But she knew there was a reason why these curses were baiting him inside and risking their lives. They most likely have a trick up their sleeves and she had to go in before they succeed.

She tried sensing any curse energy inside but she couldn't, "this is not just to keep me outside but also preventing me from using my sense. Let's find the source of this curtain first."

(Name) wiped her blades, another one of the transfigured humans lay dead on her feet, "I'm sorry." She knew it wasn't her fault but somehow it was. If only that day on goodwill event she ended that curse. None of these people deserve to die, they didn't even know the reason they were turned into monsters and killed after.

She finally found the source of the curtain that has been right under the space Satoru and the rest of the curses were.

The curtain was finally down, "let's pay them a visit," she created a little ball of curse energy and broke through the concrete ceiling.

The scene before was not what she has anticipated or rather it has been the scene she has dreaded.

Satoru was wrapped up in restraints, the other occupants looked over her surprised.
She sweep the room looking for a familiar patchy face. He was right there. No one moved to attack her, her eyes landed on her husband, who just smiled.

"Look at that, (Name) (Last Name) has come to join our party." She ignored the black-haired man, his grin widening.
She walked towards Satoru, his smile never leaving his face.

"Satoru..."

"(Name), I'm sorry." She can sense he couldn't get out of the trap they have laid for him, "take care."

"Look at this, a pair of love birds having their last moment because you won't be able to see him again." The man mocked.

She stopped in front of him, "Dont say you are sorry." She muttered, "it implies you did something wrong, that you didn't."

A bright light resonated from his restraints, "congratulations, Satoru Gojo has been sealed---" a knife cut through Geto Suguru's shoulder.

"You." Her eyes were blazing with fire, "you were the mastermind behind this?"

"Would it be a lie if I said I was---" they didn't even see her move, as she stabbed Geto in the stomach, as he was slammed into the wall.

Jogo grabbed the woman but was thrown back with a kick as he almost dodged her knife.

"Geto, what are we supposed to do with her?"

"Oh, but we have a score to settle!" Mahito clapped his hands.

"How does it feels to be like the strongest as your dear husband is no longer here?" Geto smirked with a few broken teeth.

"I'm gonna kill you!"

"What happened to your morals?"
She narrowed her eyes, "let me tell you a secret, as you are fighting us here, all of your family members are being slaughtered back in (Native country)."

"You spew nothing but lies!"

"Oh no, but I am telling the truth." He groaned through pain.

The curse with a volcano for head grabbed her arm and the other man in robes grabbed her other.

"Oh, Geto should I kill her or make her my pet!"

"You'll get your chance, Mahito." the man made her look at him, "Look, (Name), this wasn't your fight at all. But you can't keep your nose out of our business. Now due to your foolishness, your family will die."

A sharp pain pierced her side, 'what the hell.' The man with dark circles was using blood manipulation.

She kicked the man with dark circles in the place where the sun never shine.
She stabbed the volcano curse over his volcano.

'If only I could use my domain expansion.' The civilians present at the scene were cowering in fear.

'No, I shouldn't. It will crush these people or if I let them enter they'll still be killed when I try to kill these rascals.' She dodged their attacks.

"Is that all you got!" She shouted, "you two men, one patch face and one volcano can't hurt a single woman, how pathetic."

The curse was offended by the title he was given, "We'll show you!"
She was hit by a storm of fire, it burned some of her skin, but she was fast. "boo!" She whispered behind the curse.

"How did you---" she chopped off his head, but he still wasn't dead.

'Three more left but I can't keep this up. They are stronger than I predicted.' The patchy face bastard was the first on her kill list.
Of course, she can always do a strategic retreat.

She kicked the Volcano curse's head in their direction and shallowed her curse energy mingling with the civilians.

"Where did she go?!"

"Fuck! She also took the Prison realm Cube of yours!"

"THAT BITCH! FIND HER?!?!"

She looked over at the civilian population, "I am sorry." With that, she was gone.

Author's note:
Yay! A surprise update! By yours truly!
Don't forget to tell me what this chapter made you feel. I'm sure it was a mixture of different emotions.
If you want to vent your emotions, do it in the comment section.
Thanks for your support!

Bye~