ꜱɪɴɪꜱᴛᴇʀ (ᴍɪʟᴇꜱ)

Y/N POV:

Being Kate's cousin means: going to her lectures every day, shopping at the mall and buying whatever the hell we want and my favorite part, ice cream dates on Sundays. I only get to see her once a week because of her busy schedule but every moment I spend with her is precious. Her roommate, Rose, is the most enthusiastic person I have ever met. Every now and then, we 3 would meet up and watch movies together or even have sleepovers where we stayed up till 2 in the morning making cupcakes and potentially burning the house down since none of us are experienced cooks. But all that changed when Kate got a job as a governess in a big mansion, or so she says it is. I didn't believe her considering that I know she won't be changing her job anytime soon since she loves her job, Rose says the same as well. 

-Present Day-

"I still don't believe you, A mansion?!" I say with a confusing expression while sitting on her unmade bed. "You bet it is." Kate replies while packing her stuff. "Are you sure you can handle this?" Rose asks politely. "I'm going from 200 screaming kids to 1 little girl, how hard will it be?" Kate looks up at her and lets out a chuckle. "Unless that little girl is a pain in the ass then maybe- OW!" Before I know it, a pillow comes flying towards me knocking me down. "So not funny." I say while laughing breathlessly. "It was funny to me, now will you help me pack? I can't do all this by myself." Kate says while rambling through her clothes. "I will, but on one condition." I say grinning. "What..?" she asks confused. "I get to go with you to see this "mansion" thing you're constantly talking about." I say while heading into my room to grab my suitcase. "Y/N it's not going to-" she pauses when I grab my suitcase and put it on her bed beside her suitcase. "Fine, you get to go but you have to behave." she rolls her eyes and accepts my request. "Great!" I yell out while helping her pack her stuff. "You two are fucked." Rose exclaims from the back. I shrug it out and Kate sighs while rolling her eyes.

-Time Skip-

"Why are we driving in the middle of nowhere?" I say while sitting in the passengers seat with my legs up on the dashboard. "Because, according to the GPS this mansion is supposed to be here." Kate replies while looking at her phone. "There is no way a mansion can be here, this place looks deserted." I say while looking out the window. "Looks like it, I got to admit it's pretty calming." she says. I look at her with a slight disgust on my face already not having a good feeling about this. We reach the gates and it says 'Fairchild' on the top. I look at it amused and not gonna lie, a little freaked out. Kate continues driving up the straight road and right before our eyes there was a huge mansion. "What did I tell you?" she looks at me and laughs. "Woah-" I'm speechless. She was right. "Good luck working here." I say as we park the car. The place is huge. It has a giant garden and a fountain made of stone. I look around as Kate walks up to the door, oh sorry, I meant to say GIGANTIC DOOR and rings the doorbell. After waiting for approximately 15 seconds, a woman that looked like she was in her 60s opened the door greeting us. "You must be Kate." she says looking at Kate. "Yes, that's me and this is my cousin, Y/N." she says while looking at me. "Welcome Y/N, it is indeed a delight to see you. I'm Mrs. Grose, the seamstress at the Fairchild residence. I've been working here for 5 years now." Impressive, I thought to myself. If I worked here, I wouldn't be able to last 5 days. "Come on in, the children are waiting." she says while moving out the doorway for us to go in. She looked oddly terrifying, with wrinkles all over her face and her voice was sharp and unpleasant. I walk in and the place looks way better than I expected. It was decorated quite well, with vintage paintings all around. I felt something warm against my waist, I look down and a little girl was hugging me tightly. My first instinct was to hug her back so that's what I did. "This is Flora." Mrs. Grose says. "Hello there." Flora says, Her voice was sweet like sugar and I could hear a bit of excitement in her voice. "Hi there, I'm Y/N and this is Kate, your tutor." I say while smiling back. "Hello Kate!" she says while jumping in her place. Kate replies back by waving at her and smiling. She was adorable. I noticed something in the shadows, a human like figure and got creeped out a little. Mrs. Grose turns around and looks at the figure hiding in pure darkness. "Miles, come out and meet your new tutor." she says. Miles? I thought there was only going to be one girl and Kate thought the same thing as well. The boy steps forward and appears out of the darkness, he was tall, attractive and lanky and around my age, wearing a red sweater with holes on the shoulders, he had a pale face with sharp features and no expression whatsoever. Those big brown big eyes stared in my direction, he looked sinister. "Hello." he says flatly, clearly unbothered with the guests that just arrived at his house. "This is Miles, he's my big brother." Flora says while looking up at him and smiling. Miles slowly curves his lips into a smile. Oh, the boy smiles. I reply back with a hello but he kept staring in my direction, the smile was now washed off his face making me uncomfortable so I turned to look at Kate who was talking to Mrs. Grose. 

Rose was right, we are fucked indeed. 

A/N: Second chapter! I might make a part 2 to this story. Thank you for reading. <3

-Shaarvi