ᴘʀᴏᴍ (ᴍɪᴋᴇ)

Mike's POV: 

"No, no no! There is no way Y/N stood me up." I ramble on as Dustin makes a disappointed face. It was the end of the school year and that meant Prom. I hated Proms, mostly because I was too shy to ask someone if they wanted to go to Prom with me or not. Obviously, scared of rejection. But Y/N.. she accepted my request right away. We have known each other ever since school started and we rarely talked. One time, she made eye contact with me and I swear I melted into my shoes. She was so beautiful. Her Y/H/C (Your Hair Color) blowing in the wind as she rides her cycle to school, Her Y/E/C (Your Eye Color) staring at my direction as she walks past me. Everything about her is perfect. "Hate to break it to you Mike, I think she might have." Max says from behind me grabbing some fruit punch from a bowl. Ugh, why does she always ruin the mood? "Don't worry Mike, she'll be here, she's probably already on her way." Will says smiling. I hope she is. I don't want to seem like an idiot, the only person in the room who hasn't gotten a date. I sit down on the chair behind me while fixing my brown coat. I see Max taking Lucas' hand while leading him to the dance floor. I have to admit, I felt jealous. Soon, Dustin and Will were also taken to the dance floor with their partners. Well, I guess I do seem like an idiot. 

Every breath you take, Every move you make,

Every bond you break, Every step you take I'll be watching you. 

It's been over 20 minutes and still no sign on Y/N. I was about to give up and go home and sulk about Y/N but just then the door to the gym opened and there she is.. oh my god. She was wearing a yellow floral dress that went all the way down to her knees, she had a white ribbon tied into a ponytail, she was wearing some makeup not too much just the perfect amount. I stood up from my chair and stared at her direction. She locked eyes with me and smiled, I smiled back. 

Oh can't you see, you belong to me?

How my poor heart aches, with every step you take?

Every move you make, Every vow you break.

Every smile you fake, Every claim you stake. 

I'll be watching you. 

I slowly stepped towards her and she made her way towards me. "Mike, I'm so sorry I'm late I was just-" she speaks fast. "It's okay Y/N/N." I reply back interrupting her. "You look.. breathtaking.." I say while looking at her up and down. She looks down in embarrassment and I let out a soft smile. "Wanna dance?" I ask politely. "If I knew how to dance, I would have said yes." she laughs. Oh god, her laugh. "Well, I would have as well but since we're all beginners here wanna try?" I say. "Sure thing, Wheeler." she says. I grab her hand and she grabs mine and we slowly step forward to the dance floor. I put my arms on her waist and she puts her arms on my shoulder. "We have to come a little bit closer." I say while pulling her in a little bit more. She lets out a gasp and I smirk slightly. We move our bodies to the rhythm of the song. Our faces were now inches apart.

Since, you've been gone I've been lost without a trace.

I dream at night, I can only see your face.

I look around, but it's you I can't replace.

I feel so cold, and I long for your embrace.

Without thinking, I put my lips on hers. It was soft and tender. I felt her kiss me back. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I felt fireworks everywhere. It was like, we were the only 2 people in the room. I pulled away and I smiled. She smiles back. She puts her forehead on mine and I hug her tightly. 

I keep crying, baby baby please..

I guess I changed my mind about Proms.

A/N: I love this scene so much! I added my own version into this. I hope you like it. Thank you all! <3 

-Shaarvi