ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ (ᴍɪʟᴇꜱ)

Part 3 of 'Obsessed (Miles)'.

Miles' POV:

Y/N, the name of the most beautiful person on planet Earth, and the nicest person I have dealt with in a very long time. I know I scared her in some way because of the first time we met but now I feel like we have some sort of bond, an unbreakable bond. I didn't want to come off so vague and bizarre, it just happened that way. I have no intentions of hurting her, physically or mentally, I hope she doesn't think that after our little incident the other day. I just wanted to be close to her, protect her, feel her and make her mine. But of course, that's just my vivid imagination. 

She hasn't spoken a word to me ever since that day. Is she ignoring me because of my actions or because she feels the same way and just doesn't want to express it? My thoughts ran wild. I have to get it out of her, it's killing me inside, eating me alive. 

Y/N POV:

I feel horrible for Miles. I haven't spoken to him at all since that day. He might think I'm coming off bad but that's not true. The truth is, I love him. I won't lie to you when I say I wasn't a bit scared when I met him for the first time but all those feelings have perished. I feel something different for him, a feeling of warmth and attachment. How can I tell him without getting turned down? I have to get it out of him, it's killing me inside, eating me alive. 

Knock Knock.. 

I flinch at the sudden sound. It can't be Miles, no way. He thinks I'm a terrible person. I walk towards the door, the cold air from outside the window rushing into the room as I open the door. The lanky figure greets me with a smile. I smile back, not resisting. "What's wrong?" I ask him. I could sense he felt anxious. "Can we talk?" He asks, with a hint of sadness in his voice. "Uhm, sure." I reply back hesitantly. "Let me just grab my coat." "I'll get it for you, you're the guest after all." he replies politely. "Thank you." He makes his way to the front door, grabbing my coat from the coat hanger and returning back. 

No one's POV:

The two souls are walking about the outside of the house. It was much greener than Y/N expected. The day and night were mixing outside, not too bright nor too dark, just the perfect scenery. Not a single sound uttered from the two's lips, other than heavy breathing. Rocks and twigs crunching underneath their shoes by their walking. Y/N broke the awkward silence by saying "What did you want to talk about?"

Miles' POV:

What did I want to talk about? I wanted to talk about a lot things, I didn't know where to start. "About us." I reply back, not making eye contact with her. "What about us?" she replies. "We've known each other for a few days and we just don't know much about each other, you know?" I reply back, making eye contact with her. "Oh, well, I can't deny that. I don't have much to share about my past or about me in general, other than the fact that I'm Kate's cousin as you're already familiar with and I grew up in Kansas with a pretty normal life." Seeing her talk about herself made me feel as if I had known her for so long. "What about you?" she looks up at me with those Y/E/C (your eye color) eyes that I couldn't stop staring at ever since we met. "It's pretty rough." I reply, keeping that saddened tone from before. She took notice of it and wrapped her arm around my neck and pulled me closer, leaning her head on my shoulder. I felt shivers down my spine, but I hid that sensation. "My parents died when I was just 12, it was hard for both me and Flora." She looks at me with a devastated expression, but I continue on, without making any eye contact. "I was never like this, reserved and quiet. I used to be a pretty open minded person, with lots of friends and the most popular kid in school." Her expression didn't change the slightest bit. "We were financially unstable, which meant that I had to move schools a lot, so it was hard making friends." She interrupted me by saying "May I ask, how they died?" I look down at her, a soft smile appearing on my face. I love how she was so genuinely concerned about me, unlike other individuals who wouldn't bother listening to my past. "My mom died because of cancer, and my dad because of a drug overdose." I hear a soft "oh" spurt out from her lips. "It's okay, really. I don't need much sympathy." I reply back. "No no no, you really do. You've gone through so much. I can't believe it. You're opening up to me, and I really appreciate that." An unconscious smile grew on my face, and it was all because of her. 

After walking for what seemed like hours, we had reached the Koi Pond. The best part of the estate. "Woah, I didn't expect this to be here." she says, lightening up the mood a little, adding a few chuckles. I tagged along her soft laughter. Just the two of us. Feeling comforted by the person I adore the most. A feeling I haven't felt in about 4 years. She changed it all. She changed me. 

A/N: Call me Bill Denbrough because my endings suck, LOL. Anyways, here is the most awaited chapter. I tried keeping it short as I don't want to cross my word limit and make it a long and boring chapter. I have much more content which I'll incorporate in the next part of the story. Till then, stay tuned. Thank you all for 1.1K READS! Never in my life did I imagine this much support and love on my book. For a small writer like me, it means a lot. Thank you all much and A HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3 

-Shaarvi