ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ-ᴜᴘ ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴅʏ (ʀɪᴄʜɪᴇ)

Y/N POV:

I'm standing outside the building waiting for the doors to open. It was my first time seeing Richie Tozier perform live. We met in 9th grade and haven't seen each other since then. I just know that after college was over, he had moved out of Derry to LA to pursue his career as a stand-up comedian. I got to admit, it was the perfect job for him considering he was the funniest person I had ever met and he never failed to make me burst out into laughter. I couldn't think of a better person for this job. I don't think he will even remember me. We'll see after tonight if he does or not. 

The place was crowded, there were thousands of people, pushing, pulling and yelling to open the doors. I felt claustrophobic so I escaped the crowd. It was now 10:29 PM, only a minute left until I get to be reunited with my childhood friend again. I could hear the glass doors being open and before I knew it, everyone started running towards the door trying to get in, I could hear them scream out of pain as people kept pulling their hair, pushing them or even stomping on them. This is turning into a disaster. After 15 minutes, the security guards eventually got us into the building, thankfully no one was injured. I quickly paced my way around the building trying to find the auditorium until I saw a picture of the man himself pasted on the wall. I went closer, examining the picture intently. He hadn't changed at all. In fact, he had gotten prettier. My face started to burn as I realized I was blushing too hard. I saw everyone go into the auditorium so I followed behind. I looked at my ticket and it turns out that I am sitting in the front row. Oh god. I made my way over to my seat and sat down. The stage was right in front of me. I just know for a fact that I won't be going home tonight without getting noticed by Richie.

Richie's POV:

I'm currently backstage waiting for my name to be announced. My palms are sweating and I feel like I might shit myself and pass out on stage and make a scene. I've been doing stand-up for 2 years now and not once in my whole career have I seen this many people waiting for me to perform. I could hear people talking faintly from all the way over here. The crowd is huge and it's my job to entertain them. 

"You okay Rich?" I hear Frank say from behind me. He was my manager, controlling all the shit that comes with my job. "Yeah-yeah, I'm okay" I say hesitantly, he could hear the nervousness in my voice and grabbed a bottle of water from the table behind him and handed it over to me. "You're gonna do good Rich, don't worry." he says comforting me. I let out a smile while I take a sip of water and hand the bottle back to him. 

"Ladies and Gentleman, give a round of applause for Richie Tozier!" the voice echoed through the speakers. I look back at Frank and he gives me a thumbs-up and mouths the words "Good Luck". I take a deep breath and make my way to the stage. This is gonna be one hell of a show. 

Y/N POV:

I heard his name through the speakers and after 2 seconds I could see him walking out confidently, waving to the audience. Everyone got up from their seats and cheered loudly, me including. I could see Richie smile as he picked up the microphone from the table beside him. He was in his usual attire, his favorite Hawaiian shirt on top of a grey t-shirt, jeans, his big round coke colored glasses and converse sneakers. It felt so good to see him again. 

"Hello LA!" His voice blared through the speakers giving me shivers down my spine. His soft yet raspy voice could make anyone send shivers down their spine. "Well, before I start, I would like to thank you all for coming. It's the first time I've seen this many people attend my show and I really appreciate it." he smiles. I could hear people chant "I love you Richie", "You're Welcome", "You'll be great" all over the auditorium. It warms my heart to see how many people appreciate Richie's work. "Thank you, thank you all." he speaks as he lets out a laugh. The audience remains quite as they wait for Richie to start. 

I've never laughed so hard in my life, and the cause for that is none other than Richie Trashmouth Tozier himself.

A/N: Thank you all for 200 reads! Sorry for the delay but if you have read my recent message then you know what is the reason for that. I'll definitely make a part 2 to this. This was rushed and a last minute idea so I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you <3

-Shaarvi