CH 16: Room for Improvement and An Unsettling Future

Previously on Claw and Lightning...

The Internships are on the horizon. UA first years are to make their choice and final preparations soon, (Y/N) Zeraora has decided to learn under the Flame Hero: Endeavour. But first, the young tiger makes a quick stop to the support course and hands in his costume change request to Power Loader. Later on, before Zeraora could leave for home, All Might came rushing in noticeable distress. The Symbol of Peace calls for Zeraora and Izuku Midoriya to discuss a certain matter. That matter involved All Might's former teacher Gran Torino, seeking to enlist Zeraora and Midoriya for the internship. Midoriya was excited while Zeraora was mildly intrigued. However, the young tiger was already set with joining Endeavour, so he politely declined the offer. Before leaving, Zeraora left All Might and Midoriya a warning to be more mindful of their surroundings. As well as reminding Midoriya that simply because he wields All Might's power, doesn't make him the same as him.

Upon returning home, Zeraora was greeted by the hyperactive Ragdoll and calm natured Mandalay, with the former attempting to tackle the young tiger. However, she missed, and crashed onto the door. Zeraora relays the arrival of the internships and who he plans to work under. Ragdoll intervened, confidently claiming that her little kitten will be joining the Pussy Cats no question. However, Zeraora stated that he will be joining Endeavour, upon hearing this Ragdoll burst into Fake Tears. Mandalay explains that Zeraora will have plenty of opportunities to work with the Pussy Cats once he obtains his provisional license. Ragdoll agrees with her colleague after quickly dropping her act. She leaves to attend to a few things but not before bringing her, and Zeraora's faces in close proximity with each other. With a sudden display of maliciousness, Ragdoll declares that one day Zeraora will don the attire she had crafted for him. With or without his consent. The young tiger felt a very unsettling chill racing through his spine and fur, there may be no means to avoid that inevitable day.

The Internships have come, Zeraora bids Kota and Pussy Cats farewell as he departs. Pixie-Bob advises him to not get scared or nervous, and Zeraora questions when has he ever been struck with fear. Class 1A are brought to the train station where they head off separate ways. Aizawa urges them to be respectful to the other pros before sending them off. Zeraora arrives at Endeavor's Agency and encounters someone who he thought would not have come here. Shoto Todoroki has apparently decided to learn under his father, despite his supposed disdain for him. Zeraora took this chance to further enforce his current thoughts on his fire/ice wielding classmate. Todoroki attempts to reaffirm his desire to become a hero. After exchanging words, the two enter the agency and are greeted by the fiery spirited Burnin who "welcomes" them. Then the two meet with Endeavour, who informs them, that they will be accompanying him to track down the Hero Killer. But first, Endeavour mentioned the name Raikou to Zeraora, wondering if it holds any meaning to him. The young tiger answered with an uncertain no, however they moved on from that topic and departed.

Meanwhile, the League of Villains were looking to increase their ranks, so they attempted to recruit the Hero Killer. However, the meeting nearly ended in disaster, as Stain had Shigaraki, Kurogiri and Deoxys immobilized, threating to dispatch them. But Deoxys unveils his power and threatened to eliminate Stain in retaliation. Kurogiri stops him, emphasizing their need for new comrades. Shigaraki and Stain reveal their respective ideals to each other, after which Stain demands to be returned to Hosu and continue his work. The Hero Killer departs, and Shigaraki adds in his own mix of mayhem to the incoming carnage. He sends out three nomus and Deoxys to wreak havoc. Chaos ensues which led to Tiger Zero and Deoxys facing each other in combat.

A grueling battle erupts, Tiger Zero utilizes all manner of tactics and techniques. While Deoxys adapts and adjusts his power accordingly. In the end, the battle ended in a draw. Deoxys' body began to suffer mild paralyses forcing him to retreat, Tiger Zero's body grew sore from the force of Deoxys' attacks, preventing him from giving chase. Thus, the battle between the beast and mutant ends in a draw.