Chapter Nine

"Here's your change. Come again" I said as I handed a customer some money and tightly smiled at him.

He didn't bother to say 'thank you' and just mumbled something unintelligible before leaving.

"Piece of shit" I cursed him.

Working in the pharmacy was such a hassle sometimes with customers that were unnecessarily rude flocking the building every day. But on the bright side, the pay was good considering the fact I was the only worker there.

I was about to restock the shelves with more drugs when I heard a tinkle from the door that indicated that customers had arrived.

"Welcome...Why are you guys here?" I sighed as I looked at my five companions "I've told you all not to come to meet me here after school. This is when I have to work"

"And we always don't listen to you every single time" Kai giggled.

"Why the long face?" Ben asked, resting his elbows on the counter in front of me.

"A douchebag just left before you guys came in" I rolled my eyes "He didn't bother to say thank you and was unnecessarily rude"

"Most of the adults in Derry I like that. You'll grow accustomed to their behavior with time" Steve said.

"You know my boss doesn't like you guys here right?" I stated.

"Why? We're very likable!" Daniel huffed.

"He says you guys are distracting me from work," I remarked "Besides, you tried to steal one of the drugs, Daniel"

"You could've just said that it fell into my pockets instead of ratting me out" Daniel scoffed.

"I don't condone stealing. You know me already"

I noticed Steve's attention on the television above me to my right. It was showing some sort of news report.

"Could you please turn up the volume on the tv, Ria?" He asked.

I nodded my head and fished out the remote, increasing the volume.

"The only daughter to the richest family in Derry was brutally murdered the day before. It appears that she had her heart ripped out of her chest. The bloodied corpse was found by one of the workers in the house. The whereabouts of the killer responsible are unknown and police have been working tirelessly to trace the person down" The spokesman paused "If younger viewers are with you send them away. The image you are about to see may be inappropriate to some viewers"

Photographs taken on Camilla's body flooded the screen. I slightly grimaced as I viewed it. I wouldn't wish a death like that even on my worst enemy.

"Oh my God" Daniel gagged. He wasn't the best at stomaching gore.

I looked at Ben and I saw his smile falter. It was clear he hadn't gotten over Camilla and news of her death was obviously taking a toll on him.

"Pennywise is on the move" Terry shook his head.

"Yep," Daniel said "This is the biggest and bloodiest comeback I have ever seen"

"And what better way to start it with Camilla and my stepmom?" I chimed in.

"Are you sad about your stepmom's death?" Steve asked.

"Not in the slightest" I smiled "It was about time for that witch to get what she deserved"

"Understandable" Steve shrugged.

"It wasn't a pretty sight though," I said.

"You saw it?" Daniel asked.