Chapter Thirteen

Ding dong

"What?" Ria looked at her front door with a confused glance. She sprung up from her couch and switched off her television.

'You always have to be early' She grumbled to herself.

Two weeks had passed since the incident. The torn group of friends never dared to look at each other or pass one another at school, all except for Terry. He would constantly check on Ria and always made sure she was fine. He had also helped Ria study for the final exams of their first term since Terry was a topper.

They were a few days into December and the temperature dropped more with each passing day with it snowing frequently. On every single one of Terry's visits, Ria had always expected him to come late because of this reason, but he always surprised her each time.

Ria threw on a comfortable long-sleeve shirt and leggings. She was already dressed but she felt the need to spruce herself up for her guest.

Ding dong

Ding dong

Ding dong

"You can wait longer, Terry!" Ria yelled.

This made Terry press the doorbell more causing Ria to groan. She walked to the door and flung it open. Before her was Terry wearing a puffy jacket, trousers and gloves which were all covered by the snow.

"I should've let you freeze" Ria hissed "Why do you always come early?"

"I couldn't wait to see you" Terry smiled as he took off his winter gear.

"You're going to get snow on the floor" Ria nagged.

"What are we doing today?" Terry asked. He hung his jacket on a nearby rack.

"I was going to cook" Ria replied.

"Alright"

Ria went to the kitchen with Terry following close behind and then laid out all the materials and equipment when she got there.

"What are we cooking today?" Terry asked as he leaned on the counter.

"I'm thinking...fried chicken"

"For lunch?"

Ria hummed in response. She scanned her ingredients to make sure she got all she needed to make the chicken.

"Flour. Where's flour?"

Ria furrowed her brows in confusion as she tried to recall where she had put the flour. Her eyes soon landed on the cupboard above her and then groaned.

'How did it get up there? I barely use the upper shelves' Ria thought to herself.

'"It's up there but I can't reach," Ria said.

"I'll get it for you"

"We are basically the same height, Terry"

"I'm taller than you by a few inches" Terry stated.

"That doesn't count" Ria rolled her eyes.

"Those few inches do"

Ria turned on the faucet, put some water on her palm, and splashed it on Terry's face. The poor boy closed his eyes on reflex and wiped his face with his hands.

By comparison, Ria was the shortest in the group and Terry always made sure to remind her of it. Terry was relieved to know that he wasn't the shortest person in the group anymore and as such he wanted to remind Ria of his previous status every chance she got.

Once the doe-eyed boy got a towel and used it to rub his face, Ria tried to reach the cupboard but to no avail.

"Dammit" She sighed in frustration.