Chapter Sixteen

Ria and her friends marched some more into the sewers until they reached the center that connected the sewage tunnels. All of them except for Ria had their mouths wide open as they looked at the incredibly spacious area. The bodies of the victims gently floated above where light could touch them.

"All of those victims" Kai gasped.

"Trapped in the horrific images that they are being forced to see" Steve shook his head.

"Not a nice feeling" Ben shuddered as he reminisced the horrific things Pennywise showed him.

"I can try to get them down" Ria announced.

Her friends stood a good distance back as they let her do her thing. Ria's eyes flashed yellow once again. She closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on getting the victims down. She tried the first time but didn't work and tried the second time but the same result occurred.

"But it should work" Ria brushed her hands into her hair. "I have The Deadlights too"

She tried it again and tried to put her full concentration into it. The shouting of her friends brought her back to reality and she opened her eyes and looked only to see an all too familiar smirking clown.

She rapidly looked up and see the victims not floating anymore and then it dawned on her;

It was a trap.

For the second time on that day, Pennywise trapped Ria in an all too uncomfortable bear hug. It all happened so fast that Ria didn't have time to react and she found herself trying to struggle from her grip.

"Ria!" Terry exclaimed.

The boys had their bats and were about to run up to Pennywise and crack her big forehead open but she opened her mouth revealing sets of sharp teeth and positioned them on Ria's neck.

"Uh-uh" Pennywise teased "One more step and I might kill her"

"Your bad breath will kill me before you do" Ria gritted her teeth as she tried to move her neck away from Pennywise's teeth.

Because of her comment, Pennywise breathed out on purpose and made the smell around Ria ten times worse than it was. Ria could feel vomit trickling up her throat as she helplessly inhaled it.

"Let her go" Terry demanded.

"Let's play a game" Pennywise smiled, her makeup rising "If you fight your fears, you win"

"Whatever" Terry snapped "Leave her neck"

Pennywise slowly did that and allowed Ria some space to breathe.

"Don't" Ria shook her head at her companions in fear "You guys can't do this"

"Let us try" Ben stated.

"You can't try. She'll kill you all" Ria's eyes shook.

She shook her head at them and stared at her five friends then her eyes landed on Terry's. She mouthed 'no' to him while he gave a reassuring smile.

"Let the games begin!" Pennywise cheered.

"No! She'll kill you! Call it off!" Ria exclaimed as her fear rose "I'll give into The Turning! Just leave them alone! Please!"

As she kicked, screamed, and struggled, Pennywise smirked at her soon-to-be meals.

"I crave your flesh the most, Terry" Pennywise growled.

"I hope it's unappetizing" Terry spat.

"No! No!"

Ria's voice echoed in their ears as each one of them got separated.