Refusing the doctor (Zayn)

A request from @ZaynFiction I hope you enjoy. It's on the long side, so that should be good at least. Also as a very ironic disclaimer, I don't know a lot about how doctors offices work, because I dislike them myself, so I don't go either, even if I'm dying, so if I got some stuff wrong, I'm sorry. Now, without any further ado, enjoy...

~Cucumber~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days since the lads had taken Niall back to the bus and he had gotten well enough to participate in shows again, so things were looking up. Or so they thought.

Zayn POV

We'd just finished our first show with Niall back and we all had been very happy he was back, so we spent the evening after celebrating him making a swift recovery and the show going well. It was nothing extravagant, we just went out for some drinks, but the sentiment was there.

Around the time midnight rolled around, I was feeling utterly beat, so I told the lads as much. "Guys, I'm about to fall over, right here and now, from exhaustion, so I'm going back to the bus to get some sleep." I said. "Yeah, no worries, mate. We should come too, I'm still somewhat tired too." Niall responded. He'd been slowly building up his lost energy, but the tiredness shone through in moments like these.

The rest of the lads agreed and we returned to the bus, where all of us basically instantly passed out.

~Timeskip~

By the time morning rolled around, I was still tired. Thinking nothing much of it, I'd probably just slept bad for some reason, so I made my way over to breakfast. Even though I didn't feel particularly hungry.

"Morning sleepy head." A half asleep Louis greeted when he spotted me first. I somewhat chuckled at the irony, alerting the others of my presence. "Damn, Z, you look more tired than usual." Niall joked. I grumbled something inaudible and sat down in the eating area with the others.

"You can sleep some more in the car." Liam said as he joined us. "We have about a two hour drive to the concert venue today, because they couldn't park the bus any closer apparently." he explained. Luckily, we'd have no interviews today, only rehearsals and sound checks. Not that that wouldn't take up the entire day, but it saved the hassle of going from interview to interview, so I was grateful.

I nibbled a bit on my breakfast, but ultimately just wasn't that hungry, so I left most of it, somehow the other lads didn't notice, otherwise they'd have definitely called me out.

True to Liam's words, after breakfast we piled into the van and I immediately leaned closed my eyes to get some more sleep. Liam, who was sitting in between me and Niall, even offered his shoulder as a pillow, which I was really grateful for. Almost immediately, I fell asleep, but I kept waking up for whatever reason, once because Louis shouted too loud, then there was a bump in the road, another time for seemingly no reason. I was starting to get a headache and I just felt off in general, but I couldn't put my finger on why.

"You doing alright, Z?" Liam asked, when he noticed me wake up for the umpteenth time. "Yeah, just can't really sleep." I answered. He started running his hand through my hair and I melted back into unconsciousness, finally staying asleep for the rest of the drive.

"Z, Zee! We're here, wake up buddy." I felt myself gently being shaken awake by Liam, the rest of the lads already standing outside the van. I rubbed my eyes, the headache had disappeared for now. "Coming. Also, thanks Liam." I said, thanking him for the headpats that finally granted me some sort of sleep. He gave me a smile. "No problem, you looked like you could use the sleep." he said, then we both joined the others and headed into the stadium.