Hiking trip gone wrong (Zayn)

Heh, I might have gotten a little carried away with this one. Ehm...it was fun to write? That's all I can say. 

I am not dead btw, I just write if I get inspired to write something, or if I get a request, but I don't do schedules. I was also busy with my college entrance exam, so that was fun (it really wasn't). Anyway, if y'all have suggestions I'd be happy to write some, or give me a number to help me pick which one of my ideas I should do next (1-20 +what person it should be done to), but I'll leave that up to you guys to decide. For now, enjoy this shitshow of a story. 

~Cucumber~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There weren't many things that could still surprise Zayn after the few years he'd spend in a band with four other lads, touring the world, but his current situation left him puzzled. He was awake. It was the morning after a big show, 5am to be precise, and he was cleft staring at the ceiling, sleep quickly evading him, as if he'd drank a lifetime supply of caffeine. He was pretty sure not even Liam, the earliest riser of them all, would be up at this absurd hour after the day they'd had. It left him immensely confused, but with no way of falling back asleep, he decided he might as well be productive.

Zayn POV

I took a quick shower, getting out of the stage outfit I'd all but passed out in the night before, before making my way to the kitchen to get some for of breakfast started. I might not usually be the one making breakfast, because of my sleeping habits, but that doesn't mean I'm helpless in the kitchen...and Liam could use a break. He was pretty damn tired too last night.

Half an hour, and a few failed attempts at making pancakes, later, Harry shuffled down into the kitchen, more curious than sleepy.

"Z? What are you doing awake at...6am?" He asked after a quick glance at the clock. I shrugged. "Couldn't sleep, couldn't sit still, so I figured I might as well get breakfast started." I explained. He nodded, accepting the explanation for what it was. He was never one to ask too many questions, unless it involved Louis, but I wasn't going to point that out, just being grateful for the laid back attitude.

"Need help with those?" He eyed the failed attempt at pancakes, that, in my defense, had only failed because I had a hard time sitting still, and by the time I'd gotten back to the pancakes, it'd been too late.

I nodded, shooting him a grateful look. Then proceeded to bounce away to start the other breakfast preparations.

It felt very weird to have this much energy, especially this early in the morning. Usually I was still very dead to the world at this point, unless my consciousness was absolutely requited.

"Maybe we should go do something after breakfast, so you can get all that energy out?" Harry suggested after watching me bounce around the kitchen for a while with an amused smile.

Scratching the back of my neck in an awkward fashion I replied. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea, bouncing all over the place is gonna drive me insane." That caused a laugh out of him.

One slightly chaotic breakfast preparation later we went to wake up the rest of the lads. Something I took great joy in, seeing as I was usually on the receiving end of the waking up. I let Harry deal with Louis, because I don't think he'd let me go through with that plan. Liam deserved his rest after taking care of the shitshow last night....Niall however...

I grabbed what I needed from the kitchen to execute my master plan, then quietly snuck into the room where Ni was sleeping, blissfully unaware. After making sure he was still fast asleep, I carefully lifted the blanket over his feet, then proceeded to drop the handful of ice cubes I'd grabbed from the freezer all over them.