006

March 18, 1982

"Wake up y/n."

My eyes flew open and I'm met with the face of my dad.

"Come on were here."

I'm not pleased in the slightest but I also can't fight it...it's not like I have anywhere else to go now.

'Wow.'

I knew my dad moved, but this house was huge. It's gorgeous on the outside as well. It reminds me of a fairy house or something.

"Well Evelyn and the kids aren't here at the moment and won't be for a while..."

"Oh, okay." I reply looking anywhere but his face.

"Listen." He says while taking a sharp inhale. "I know we aren't the closest and I know you're not so crazy about me but I'm not all that bad." He cheered.

"Hey why don't we go down stairs I wanted to show you something."

I get up and follow him down the steps, honestly who knows maybe he's leading me to my death. I push the thoughts away and allow the view in front of me to process.

Drums sets, guitars and almost every other instrument you could think of was on display. I look over at my dad in awe while he has a calm expression like it's your average Tuesday.

Well he does live here so I guess he's used to it.
"What's all this? You play these?" I question.
He takes a second before her answers. "Has your mother ever said you remind her of me?"

"Uh...yeah a few times"

He lets out a chuckle. "Yes I play all of these. She always hoped you would gain my music gene, and it seems you have!"

"Yeah I guess."

He hands me a pick and a beautiful black guitar.

"Show me what you got!"

Two hours of complete happiness go by. I would have never thought I would enjoy spending time with my dad, but I guess I was wrong.

Our "super cool music jam" was over and a conversation formed.

"So how's school been?"

"It's so so" I knew I was lying it sucked.

A smirk spreads across his face.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He says wiggling his eyebrows.

"No I don't! Heat rises to my cheeks from the question but I can't help but think about the word

'boyfriend'.

"Boyfriend" I mumble.

"Boy...friend...HOLY OH MY GOSH DO YOU HAVE A PHONE?!?"

"Yeah is everything okay?"

"Yeah I just didn't get to call one of my friends and say I was leaving."

"Okay! Well there's a phone in your room, which is upstairs all the way at the end of the hall to your right."

"Okay thanks dad!" I quickly get up and run the the bottom of the stairs, but stop in my tracks.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks!" I flash a warm smile and run up the steps.